1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben Moments:

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by benwallace17, Mar 29, 2012.

1. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I was at the bar this weekend with friends, and the topic was brought up, whats my favorite big ben moment? This got me thinking that would be a good topic of discussion with a large group of steeler fans a la....you guys lol.

The superbowl winning touchdown throw is too obvious, so beyond that I'd have to say it was the browns game, can't remember the year, where Ben literally put the team on his back and would not allow the browns to beat him. You could really see his determination and will to win in that game. The 50 yard run for a T.D, the scrambling around and shaking off willie mcginest (i think) to make a play....and then doing it again late in the game to throw a perfect bullet to Heath for a T.D. That was an awesome game and performance from Ben.

One more thing. Another one of my favorite Ben moments is after he threw his first touchdown back from suspension against the dolphins. Does anyone remember that moment the camera caught him laying on his stomach looking up and just smiling....as to say "damn I love football"? I was wondering if anyone has a pic of that or knows where to find one? I've looked around the best I can and just can't find it, and i imagine there has to be one somewhere. I need it to remind myself when I'm pissed at Ben....why he's my favorite player haha. thanks

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That was one of my favorites. I thought to myself THAT was the Ben that was missing.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Good topic. :) I'll need to think of my favorite moments, but in the meantime I think this is the photo you're thinking of. Someone has it as their avatar here, but I can't recall who off the top of my head.

[​IMG]

5. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yes! Thank you TTF, I appreciate that. that's exactly what i was looking for, couldn't find it for the life of me.

6. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can't remember the game, but it's in a lot of highlight reels. Ben was scrambling, avoided a few grabs, and then snagged, then hit. He started to go down and he shuffled the ball sideways to either Mendy or Parker. I can't remember who the RB was. I just love how Ben was reluctant to let the play die.

7. BigBen7

BigBen7 Active Member

Oct 22, 2011

ME! :thumbs_up:

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Shrugging thuggs off of him in and the playoffs or coming back from the broken nose

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha! I knew Ben was in the name, but couldn't quite place it. Rock on. :-D

10. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The moment I like the best is when he showed how much he had matured as a QB in winning his third Super Bowl. ;)

11. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I remember that game, it was in 07 and it was a 30 yard run for a TD, one of my favorite pass times of BB also

12. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Lol I sometimes wonder is he on a decline because he doesn't play like he use to

13. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I'll always remember this. Sometimes I have nightmares where Ben doesn't make the tackle...

14. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    My favorite was Ben beating the Ravens with a broken nose.

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It has to he the shoestring tackle first
    Next, throwing in a typhoon for the win
    next ,the superbowl throw
    and finally,500yds and win over gb

16. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Throwing 5 TD's in the first half at Heinz field against the Ratbirds. Made them look silly.

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    "The Tackle" would HAVE to be #1!!! It saved the game, and preserved our chance to go to the Superbowl.
    Although, his Block, on the halfback pass Randell El threw to Hines Ward, in the Bowl against the Seahawks, was pretty damn cool, too...
    Just because you VERY RARELY see a qb, put himself in harm`s way, to make tackles, or blocks.
    Just goes to show Ben`s extremely competitive nature.
    Out of personal preference, I would have to say watching him come right back on the field, with a broken nose, and his already bad foot, to fight against the Ravens, is my #2 moment...
    Reminded me of Bradshwaw getting stitches in his forehead during one of the Superbowls, then coming back out to play, in the next series... You just don`t see that kind of toughness much, anymore. Especially, from Quarterbacks!
    GO STEELERS!!!

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The greatest incompletion in NFL history. He stiff arms Terrell Thuggs and scrambles toward the sideline with Thuggs on his heels. Then he shot puts the ball out of bounds just before Thuggs trips him up preventing a sack that would have taken the Steelers out of FG range. The look on Thuggs face was priceless.

19. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The Arizona Super bowl not withstanding--The AFC Championship game in Denver--the Namath shot of him walking into the tunnel.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know why, but I will always remember when Ben threw the touchdown to Hines against Denver in the AFC Championship game, and Ben celebrating doing the gunslinging pistols.

Or after every playoff win that year carrying a game ball back to the lockeroom to give to Jerome. Classic!

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mine is WITHOUT A DOUBT the tackle in the 05 playoff game with the Colts. Not only did that play keep us in it for the Super Bowl it ALSO probably kept Jerome Bettis's legacy from being something MUCH different among us as fans. My guess is not only is it my favorite Ben moment but it is also Jerome Bettis and Bill Cowher's favorite Ben moment as well.

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree with both of these moments. "The Tackle" had to be the most gutsy/clutch "non-quarterback" play that I've seen. I also have to say that the broken nose sequence still amazes me. To see the replays of the crooked nose coming off the field, then coming back and leading the team to victory. I'm not sure we even realiz how lucky we are to have someone like Ben as our quarterback.

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. All of the moments mentioned on here are great. Though for me, every time he throws off a potential sack, extends the play and completes an unlikely pass to a receiver who's broken route - those are the moments when I think "this is why I'm glad he's a Steeler."

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That whole game may well be my favourite of all time (or at least that I have on tape). Hard-nosed defense, heroic offense and unfair refereeing decisions - it encapsulates what I love about the team.

25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

This is it for me too. Before I watched this, if you would have asked me if I ever thought an incomplete pass would be a defining moment for a quarterback I would have told you you were crazy. That play summed up what Ben was about but, more importantly, it personified what the Steelers have ALWAYS been about. I believe it is why this organization has been as successful as it has over the years. In addition to this I'm going to give a shout out to those of you from the Burg. I come from the Mid-West, we are know for our hard work ethic, long ours and a willingness to break our backs to get a job done. One of the reasons I am a fan of the Steelers is because they have always reflected my values. When I think of what they represent I have images of a people, tough and hard working, putting on their hard hats and going to work. You guys have respect from the mid-west