1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben is top afc qb

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nj43, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben is having a big time year. With rivers suddenly throwing picks like their free, and Marcia struggling lately, I say Ben is best qb in conference today. Also helps that mr manning is out too. Lol. Thoughts. :flag:

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Even though Brady is struggling a little, he has more completions, more yards, a higher completion percentage, a higher average, more YPG, more TDs and a higher passer rating than Ben.

Thas said, I wouldn't trade Ben for TommyGirl.

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Best QB in the league (after Rodgers) is up for grabs. Brees, Brady, Ben are likely favorites for that distinction. Ben has had some accuracy issues this year, otherwise he'd be putting up monster numbers. Seems like every game he underthrows or overthrows Wallace/Brown for what would be an easy TD. If he starts hitting more of those and using his checkdowns more he'd be the clear #2.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is a top 5 QB, always has been. He needs to work on his deep throws
    he would be dynamite.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep he is by far best in AFC and close to Rodgers....I say Rodgers and Ben 1-2 in MVP voting

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rodgers is running away with MVP right now, no ifs, ands, or buts...

7. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd take Ben as the best QB in the AFC.

Marcia had some huge numbers the first few weeks, not so much lately.

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, that guy is just not human this year

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. No matter what you think of the Packers, you have to admit that Rogers is incredible.

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

I don't think I can do it without puking! :eek!:

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah ben should break steelers record for most yards by a qb .

12. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I look at Ben as the top QB in the league. Other than Rogers.

And when I compare Ben to Rogers, the difference is by a country mile.

Still, Ben is the QB for this team. Not sure Roger's could have 3 guys hanging on him for 3 seconds and still throw the ball.

13. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If you want to compare Ben to other QBs ask yourself this question,: How would Brady, Brees, or Manning play behind the starting-oline for the Steelers?". I didn't include Rodgers as his line hasn't been great but can get away from the pass rush, he is also a little fast than Ben but if anyone of them took hits like Ben they would be out for a game or two no questions asked.

14. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let me start by saying I am glad we have Big Ben on our team! But word is out that he hardly ever watches film and wants to stick around practice and work on reps with the recievers. He is not a film guy nor a super hard worker unlike Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers so he just basically relies on his street-kind of ball, break out of the pocket, hold onto the ball way too long and see what happens. And hey, it's worked out pretty well with 2 SB victories and a 3 SB apperances but damn...just think how good he and the Steelers would be if he acutally put in the work to really be an elite quarterback. Oh well, he is who he is!

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Let Rodgers have MVP we'll take the Lombardi
    :herewego!:

16. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Appreciate all the thoughts. Not sure why Rodgers got thrown in to mix. The packers still play in the NFC right? Also agree on not being sure if any qb could do what Ben does with me and my daughter playing offensive line the last few years. Rodgers and the rest might fold like a cheap suit with lbs hanging on them every play. He is top dog in aft thus far, was my thought.

17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No one has ever seen Brady outside of the Pats system, so who's to say how he would do here anyway.

But all things being equal - Ben any day. He offers so many intangibles that no other QB (NONE, period.) can give that it would be pretty silly not to choose him.

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have been screaming this since the old MB. Put Ben behind the solid rock O-Lines that Brady and Manning have had and Ben would be considered #1. Ben is more like a surgeon, himself, when his line is holding, he makes quick decisions and isn't holding the ball too long, and spreads the wealth to his receivers and check-down options.