1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben has ruined the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    *SIGH* When are you all gonna realize that the Roethlisberger Era is over? Bye Ben....thanks, but it's time for you to go. Hey, it happens to them all.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    You're just an AB fanboy. And your take is lame. If it wasn't for AB's resume', Brady would never stick his neck out for him. I'm not denying Brady's traits as a leader, good for him. But to suggest that AB attaching himself to Brady is proof that his criminal conduct is justified is just silly. I don't know how many dozens of teammates Ben has had over the years, but I don't recall anyone other than the Three Stooges, Brown, Bell and Bryant ever having a complaint about Ben's leadership. It actually says more about Brown being a selfish, childish, immature, petulant little creep. I'll side with the majority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wrong. Hines ward talked about ben as a leader. Emmanuel sanders complained about his leadership. Joey porter talked about him while playing and coaching on the team as a leader. Ryan Clark who is maybe AB's biggest critic even said Ben is not a good leader and isn't absolved for all blame in that situation. I can name more. Even bums like Issac Redman called him a bad leader.

4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Some people can't help it, you are born a certain way.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Joey Porter, LOL, yeah, lets listen to what that high character guy has to say :lolol:

Hines didn’t say he was a bad leader, said he needs to improve on some things and disagrees with airing things publicly.

Sanders ripped AB as much as he did Ben so much that AB cried about it afterwards.

Clark was talking about after the 2005 SB, that he seemed to change and that being a leader is not something that comes naturally to him and it’s something he works on. Ben from 2005 and Ben today are two different people but again, if you are comparing him to Brady, it’s no contest but to blame AB’s screw ups on Ben is the most lazy and disingenuous takes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Cause he finally woke up. All addicts, narcissists and other similar types have periods of being really good and the explosion of bad behavior. If he’s bipolar or something like that it’s called experiencing mania

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Brady was campaigning for him the moment he was cut in NE..

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ben is just like Aaron rodgers. Rodgers though is more talented than Ben so he's had a more renowned career. Neither are good leaders and irs why so many teammates talk bad about them. The thing is I'm not saying ab wasn't a problem but Ben was a problem too and I feel like if Ben wasn't the leader he was, ab wouldn't have acted like that. Ward called out Ben on numerous occasions before he said that in 2019 about he needed to improve. And I can link to the video on first take. Clark said Ben isn't absolved from completely blame in the scenario because he isn't a leader. Ben now is still not a leader. Just a year ago he was pointing the finger at recievers publicly for why he threw ints.. he hasn't changed that much since 05. Publicly called out Tomlin, Haley, etc..

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What should have been market value the way he played for the last 7 games or more specifically, last 2 playoff games? I would want a refund.

10. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't say it was Ben alone. It is across all the NFL when it comes to a Franchise QB. Ben took the money and has put us at Salary Cap jeopardy and we will likely lose other players due to the issue. Say what you want about Tom Brady, but he never put the Patriots at Salary Cap risks. He was never the highest paid QB, but very well should have been. I read recently that he basically gave the Patriots a $60M discount over the last few years so they could continue to compete. Now Ben is sitting there saying he is coming back, wants JuJu resigned while he is collecting money on the shell of himself. Who do you want Juju? Or, T.J? I'd love to have JuJu back, but we gotta keep T.J. without question. On a related note, I don't believe any player should be able to hold an organization hostage because they "deserve" more money. The owners put them into position to be millionaires and own a team. They deserve the money. If the player is so good and deserves more money, then they can make it up in endorsements. Play goes down hill, they lose endorsements,... that simple!

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And yet Pouncey loves the guy, his entire Oline loves him for that matter. Vance said he was emotional telling Ben he was retiring. There are always going to be conflicting opinions about people, that’s life. Quitting on your team is the fault of one person, AB. Doesn’t matter if Ben is the worst teammate in the world, no excuse for what AB did.

What does it say about AB if he needs a strong leader to keep him in line?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Hard to say leadership and The Pittsburgh Steelers in the same sentence for years.

13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The same as about the team that has none to offer. Sad. Now he has a chance for a ring. SMH

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. Then why was he not a Saint while he was with Brady in NE??

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think I still need to see another year with Ben to say he is done.

I remember the last 2-3 years of Brady with the Patriots it looked Brady lost something off his ball. 1st the deep ball went, and then the zip on the medium passes went too. It looked like he was done.

Somehow this year Brady looks rejuvenated???

PLUS ... If we can fix the run game, how much does that insulate what Ben has to do next year? Maybe it is enough to win?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    There was people who loved T.O lol. That doesn't mean anything. Again you don't see people saying that about brady, brees, peyton, etc.. hell even mahomes. So no there's not always somebody who thinks someone isn't a good leader. It wasn't just what people said it was things ben did that I just named like finger pointing at teammates and coaches. And AB isn't a franchise qb. What's expected of him is not the same thing that's expected from a qb.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He wasnt one towards brady. That was directed at Robert kraft and he really didn't do anything wrong he just called out kraft for his dirty laundry.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Jesus dude what a pile of garbage that was.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Man, we’re a salty bunch this postseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wut???
    Sat out?!?...:roflmao:

No, he was toxic & most people were smart enough to steer clear of his big chestyness. I'm afraid the AB show isn't over unfortunately. I expect it to end on a sour note.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hines was smarter than Ben, running circles around him. AB is a clown. :shrug:

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yet tom brady didnt steer clear...

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So because you like Hines ward what he says holds value but because you don't like ab, what he says doesn't hold value?

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Football Analyst's guide to debating:
    1. Make a claim that's so ridiculous that it's indefensible
    2. Dig an ever deepening credibility hole trying to defend it
    3. Keep digging until you hit lava

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    4. Find one guy that fits your argument and act like that is the be all end all.