1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben at it again

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DSteelerCT, Aug 1, 2012.

1. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Tells Bouchette he has a little torn rotator cuff but it's ok. One of these days we're gonna lose him for a season and waste a year.

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How the hell did this happen? Did he get hit?

3. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ben is at it again? I'm not sure what the title has to do with his injury. It's the start of training camp...these things happen. Ben is a pretty tough guy he will be ok

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I just saw it on ESPN a few minutes ago, and it was confirmed by a source inside the team. He says it's a slight tear, and made light of it. I read that nearly every QB in the league likely has a slight cuff tear, so it's not necessarily anything to be concerned about. From the camp reports that I see, his accuracy and arm strength are fine. Here's the original article by Bouchette~
    stlrs.co/M4ryj2

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  7. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    From what I heard it isn't a new injury, it happened last year in the last Ravens game.

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    it's pretty self explanatory. "again" is the key

9. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank goodness it's just an injury. From the title of the thread I thought "it" might have been a co-ed.

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was thinking the worst too.

11. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He had this since the Raven game that we lost in Nov.. these are very treatable not a major worry. If you did a MRI on every QB in the league with over 5 years under his belt you would see this all the time.

12. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    When did Ben tear his rotator cuff?

And how?

Also, what's wrong with Harrison to make him out til reg season?

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I agree with others, tile of the thread has nothing to do with the subject. Or I suppose everyone who gets injured in the NFL is at it again. I thought the worst too, I thought "oh ****, what did he do now". Sucky title :thumbsdown:

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben need to shut up and play on ESPN they were mocking for bringing up the injury another drama.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    He didn't bring it up, he was asked about it.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, lets remove Bens vocal cords because fans get so uptight about what he says :facepalm:

17. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Re: When did Ben tear his rotator cuff?

With Harrison it's probably just age being a minor factor and the fact that he knows exactly how to get the QB if they just let him. Make sure he still has some in the tank at the end of the season.
    I agree with the title of the thread is very very misleading. Thought something which would invite another meeting to Rogars den.

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Media loves to have a field day with any of Ben injuries. They just take it and run with it. Its nothing to worry about at all. I'm surprised Bouchette even wrote about it, but then again, he is the media.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Harrison is nursing a sore knee. I don't recall ever hearing the specifics of the injury, but I wonder if he missed the better part of OTAs because of it. I recall speculation about recovery from back surgery, but I never actually read that it was the case.

Here's an interview of Ben talking about the rotator cuff after practice with some reporters today.
    [youtube:18w1ypmk]2KQnake1bro[/youtube:18w1ypmk]

20. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cool. It's officially football season now.

Ben with his annual "Head, shoulders, knees and toes..." song

21. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben has been stricken for years with what is commonly diagnosed with the "Clemente Syndrome", or CS for short.

He will tell anyone about his injuries if you are willing to listen. No big deal. Clemente played awfully good for being hurt all the time, or so he said.

rutan

22. ScottQ

ScottQ Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Ben has been battered on and off the field as much if not more than any other QB in history. Some/most of it is probably brought on by himself (putting himself in situations that he shouldn't).

He threw and played great for most of last year. It doesn't heal so he has to live with it I guess.

Ben may talk about injuries but most people couldn't handle the hits for one game, let alone years.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I was originally worried, because I just read two seperate stories about it, in the Tribune, and the Gazette.
    The headlines scared me, because I thought it was something new, but after reading the stories, and hearing the interview(Thanx, Towel), I can tell it`s no big deal.
    Harrison`s knee worries me a bit, simply because I haven`t found much info on it, and he is not the type to not be on the field, when he can.
    Still haven`t heard much about Heath`s ankle, either, although, it has been reported to be a "minor" injury.
    Just makes me uncomfortable, that he has a nagging injury, before the season even starts. I would much prefer to see him at least START the season 100%.

24. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Here you go, I finally found this....

By Mark Kaboly

Published: Wednesday, August 1, 2012, 7:52 p.m.

• James Harrison hasn't been on the field since the second day of OTAs on May 23 while nursing a sore knee, and he might not be back anytime soon. Harrison was placed on the physically unable to perform list to start training camp. Even though there is no timetable for when he will be removed from the PUP list, linebackers coach Keith Butler said that Harrison can't afford to wait until the season opener Sept. 9 in Denver for his first action. "He needs reps, and he knows he needs reps." Butler said. "He is going to have to come up before the first game." Butler said he would like to see Harrison ready to play by the third preseason game Aug. 25 against Buffalo.

25. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am glad to hear that this supposedly is nothing. In a way, I do understand why the thread is titled that, as every single off season Ben is always in the news for the wrong reasons. (motorcycle, women 2-3x, injuries, etc.)

I admit I was very afraid when I first read the title. Now, let's play some football.

Here is a quick tweet:

"@MarkKaboly_Trib For a guy who has a slightly torn rotator cuff, he sure is taking a lot of reps AFTER practice."