1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Big Ben ain't all that."

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...-shot-at-ben-roethlisberger-he-aint-all-that/

Big Ben [Roethlisberger], I think he’s decent at best… It’s not Big Ben, it’s [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain’t all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He’ll be in the Hall of Fame and all that.

Yea, your QB will ever be one tenth of what BB is.

I hope the Jags get way over-the-top cocky and see what happens.

Hopefully, we get a reversal of LOSER Mitchell yelling into their locker room only to lose down here in North East FL this year.

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Just saw this as well. Apparently this a$$hat has already forgotten that Ben absolutely shredded his defense in January, and if our defense had been the equivalent of a middle school B-team, the Steelers would've destroyed them on the scoreboard as well

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well Ben did have a 5 INT game against them in the regular season, but he put the points on them in the playoff game.

Bad part our D was terrible in all phases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This guy is also making Richard Sherman look like a church mouse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are 3rd at best in the AFC. Ramsey can talk all the smack he wants. The Jags own the Steelers as of right now. Likewise with the Patriots.

Steelers need a chip on their shoulder and a fire lit under them. Just showing up on gameday don't cut it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I am seeing a chance of the Jags going from young and confident to stupid and cocky. Some teams don't know how to manage success (which I think Pgh was guilty of 2 years ago, with all their talk of scoring the most points in the history of the NFL - I hated that.). I would think Coughlin would control the reins on this but it isn't always as easy as trying. First and foremost, Jags ain't sneaking up on anyone this season. Secondly, their div. might go rom one of the worst, to pretty formidable in one season.

If Luck is finally healthy, boom, Indy is a playoff team.
    If Watson is for real, and JJ and company come back, boom, Texans are legit.
    If Vrabel is the coach I think he is, boom, TN is for real, they have the talent.

All of a sudden, Jags are in a donnybrook to even make it to the playoffs.

TN x2. TX x2, Indy x2, Giants, Pats, Dallas, Pgh, KC, Eagles...keep running your mouth, Jayleen. They could be 8-8 before they know it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    If they don't have the fire, Tomlin will take ping pong privileges away, but just from rookies.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree that AFC South could be most improved NFL division in '18. Jaguars haven't had to face the Texans at full strength and Colts with Luck in 2 years. Titans are a playoff team and should be better than last year.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Without Coughlin coming back they would still be rivaling the Browns as most inept franchise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Jalen Ramsey, in just two seasons, has cemented himself as not only one of the best, if not the best, cornerback in the league but he is easily one of the league's superstars as we speak. At this point, the only remaining aspect he has to continue is being available and consistent.

It is easy to smack talk a player or team. When one, however, can consistently reinforce their smack talk, that puts them in a category of their own. From his first game to his most recent, Jalen has had more successes than failures upon employing such psychological warfare.

Regarding his point about Ben, it is a moot point all together. Each season is different. Faces change from all areas of a team. Jalen will be facing a different Steelers team when that time comes. Until it does, whatever Jalen states regarding anybody is irrelevant.

11. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    And without Ben, we'd have been an 8-8 team the last 5 years. Fact is, Coughlin IS back.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why are you getting so worked up about this? You crank on the Steelers all day long.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    As things sit right now, not that different.

Al, Foster, Pouncey, DD, Gilbert - 100% the same OL.

Ben, Bell, AB, Ju Ju, James - exact same standard O set. Only difference would be Washington in for Bryant. Maybe a different 4 and 5.

On D, only two different starters - ILB and S.

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    What are you angry about now? I'm not sure.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL it's funny because its true

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Is there a difference or not? Not a question predicated on binaries. Spectrums only.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    You conveniently ignored the specifics provided, shocker. Who could have seen that coming?

Ben, Bell, AB, Ju Ju, James - exact same standard O set. Only difference would be Washington in for Bryant. Maybe a different 4 and 5.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah it also doesn't help when their CBs are mugging and tripping our WRs the whole game...

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I recommend @Watt Wack for a weekly award for using Donnybrook in a sentence.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have told a few of my friend that my bold prediction is the Jags will not make the playoffs. Of course I was called a bitter Steeler fan but I am not. I believe that puzlusny(sp) retiring will be a bigger loss than most know. He was the captain of the defense and the glue that brought the D together. I also believe that Bortles will come back to the real Bortles. Just like you say the rest of the division will improve and could be one of the best in football.....watch out for the Titian's!

21. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'll get roasted for this, but I don't see how an impartial fan can say he's wrong. Ben threw 5 picks in one game. In the 2nd, yes, he did sling the ball around with some crazy 4th down plays, when down by a lot.

Ben will have a chance to prove him wrong, so accept it and move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The only "shocking" aspect here is the endless contradictions within either the posts or threads you create.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Once again, all basic assertions without any specifics. I give specifics, you just make lame mud-throwing claims that refute nothing specifically.

I showed the specifics of how the team will remain virtually the same, and you just wail on like some baby while addressing NONE of the specifics. Very low-grade and weak.

You conveniently ignored the specifics provided, shocker. Who could have seen that coming?

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don’t forget about the specifics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'd say the coach (and Bell) yapping about a AFCCG that never took place was pretty chippy, and chirpy.
    Not showing up on game day really doesn't cut it anymore.