1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben 2022

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 1, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn you man, we beat the Bills once we'll beat them again.;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ok beat the Bills in AFCG and face Brady in the SB.

Brady at post game trophy presentation: Gee Roger, I’m running out of fingers!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't think he should but voted yes because he's Rooney's guy.

4. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    He did last season though precisely as he was falling apart; IMO to force the Rooney’s to publicly cut or resign him.

He’s gotten away with some bad passes during this winning streak too. I’m hoping his luck holds out but eventually somethings going to give. And next season we’ll have the assets to go get a legit replacement.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All Qbs get away with bad passes. If not there would be some up in 20 ints already this year...as I said before....I can't remember the last game I watched that a pass ints wasn't dropped. For example...Monday night game...both Qbs had ints dropped. Hell just look at how many ints We have dropped. Rodgers threw one We dropped...it happens in almost every game.

6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you are right and we have the assets in place for the next QB. The quick passes Ben has been throwing are a result of a less than stellar line and the lesser arm strength he has. If we would have drafted a QB or expected Mason or Haskins to play behind this line it would not have been much better. We would still be seeing the short passes to compensate for the new line. I hope next year we have a better O-line for whoever takes over after Ben. Let's be honest, we are not riding Ben's arm to a Super Bowl. It has to be the defense (which defense wins championships) and a strong running game. In this day and age, you are not seeing too many teams leading in rushing get to the big show unless they have a strong QB to balance it out. It is either a strong QB performance or a well balanced attack.

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Oh God, here we go again. Why is Ben showing up on the IR report for yesterday?

This is how things went downhill last year when Ben stopped practicing with the rest of the team.

8. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    He’s cooked he is barely even a statue out there. This is it, probably a 500 record and barely miss the playoffs. I’m not too confident, but yes it is his last year.

9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben is the 34th rated starter -- meaning two 2nd stringers are rated higher -- in the league at PFF. He's only been marginally better because the D is dropping INTs and he's not fumbling as much when he holds the ball too long and gets clobbered. In 8 of his last 12 starts, the offense has failed to score 20 points.

He's now dealing with a new shoulder injury one week after a bye, in addition to the pec and hip he already had. I don't see him making it through this season, let alone another one.

If the Steelers bring him back again and say they're serious about winning a championship, they don't have much respect for the fans.

10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Dear moderators/admins - Might I suggest a new forum for the site: Maddog78 Support Group.

If it needs an avatar, I suggest Kathy Griffin weeping as she said "He broke me".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s fun being in your head, smells a little, but roomy

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He’ll be back,
    Although I did have to laugh at the Jaws reference one of you posted regarding those of us that support Ben. It’s my fav summer movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Keep him at center and draft a QB. He’s a fossil.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Feels like Ground Hogs day each season since our last Super Bowl appearance. Over 10 years now.

We need a season where all the good teams fall down and we are last man standing so to speak.

15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The irony...