1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bi- Polar Steelers and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    So far this's season the Steelers have looked like a playoff team, and a lock to draft in the top 7 of the 2015 draft. I've come to the conclusion this team resembles some of the women I've dated I the past in that you never know which one will show up? So, what do you expect over the next two games, and beyond? On paper we should win both, but we play down to lesser teams, and the Titans seem to always beat us in Nashville. ( seen them play there several times and have never witnessed a victory) iF they continue to play at this level on offense a mediocre D will suffice, but will this continue? The only thing I know for sure is to handle it like the ex's- drink heavily and enjoy the good times. So, how do you think we look from here on out?

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the football fairy sprinkled Super Bowl dust on the team in that magical 2:54 timeframe against the Texans and the spell won't wear off until the seventh Lombardi is being hoisted in Arizona in February.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think these nxt two games wont be as prty as the last two where, but we will squeak out wins just the same.It would be nice to see Ben throw 6 more td's but in actuality i think we will run the ball more and try to get the running game going . I think Bell only has 1 rushing td ? this year.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just going to keep getting better. The offense is ahead of the defense but thats rounding into shape too.

They're going to kill the Jets. They will beat the Titans too, Mettenberger is starting and we all know DL owns rookie QB's.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the team itself is learning they're pretty good. And that boost of confidence going forward will pay dividends.

Sure, they'll very likely have a stinker or 3 before the season is over. But this is now a playoff team. No doubt about it.

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Relax they will be fine through and winning their 7th SB this year.

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This. Our guys are just now starting to gel together and good things are happening. I don't think most people know how much confidence has to do with play on the field (for any athlete). We probably won't win out, and we might struggle at times, but this team is finally starting to realize how good they are (and can be in the future) and it shows.

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed. Especially the O line. I think they are starting to believe in themselves and the system they're playing in and realize they can get the job done. That confidence alone is huge. I think sometimes when you're struggling like they have in the past things can really snowball and get out of control and any confidence they had becomes lost. I think they realize their potential more now that they've been on a bit of a streak and they see just how good this offense is capable of being.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I agree. I believe we should easily win the next two games. If we don't, I will be doing a lot of Rumplemintz shots.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sounds kinda scary ftb lol. are these alcohol shots? lol

11. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would love to sit back on a Sunday afternoon and not being chewing my finger nails down to the bone for once... Get a lead early and bury the next two teams. I would love to see them be able to get key players out of the game like Ben etc. because we are so far ahead.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh yeah! ;)

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually until the two quick D turnovers, both the O and D weren't pretty in the Ravens game Sunday and we all were probably thinking "Oh no - here we go again - falling flat in the biggest game of the year on national TV!"

Interesting though how the final outcomes of both the Ravens and Colts game were similar but the way we got there were quite different. The O was on fire from the very beginning in Colt's game but it took big D sparks to energize the O in the Ravens game. Who knows - maybe even Dri Archer could cause a special teams spark in one of the next two games to motivate the rest of the team. Whatever it takes - just do it! :towel:

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Expect the worst and hope for the best. We have the talent and firepower to "ground " the Jets. Let s just hope we have learned our lesson from all the other dissapointing losses that have cost us playoff spots. There are enough guys still here to remember the pain of those fiascos. The Jets can't beat us but we can beat ourselves. Don't give them a glimmer of hope early and they will implode on their own.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh God, that was my nickname in my 20's :shots:

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Man you're old!
    :lolol:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, I see what you did there, I was about to go correct my post and was like, oh :lolol:

18. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    To the O.P....

Just keep the cheap Vodka away from yer girlfriend/ our Team, and we`ll be fine...

I get what yer sayin, and I feel ya...

Let`s see if we can play at the same level, when we face the "weak" Jets...

That will tell me a lot about if our team has "turned the corner", or not...

We been kickin sum ass... Hope they don`t get lazy...

I wanna see LOTSA pressure, and 41 points on the board at the end of the day...

No reason we shouldn`t do that, as long as we do what we can do!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!:yeehaw:

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we should see some good play mixed in with some bad play at times for this bi-polar team.:smiley1::cool:

20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The jets defense is actually pretty good, but I don't think their offense can score enough points to win. I think this will be a lot closer than most people think.

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers are favoured by 6 so I think your right. It will be closer than anyone thinks..

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Im a one game at a time guy. So Ill only comment on the Jets game. As I and others have posted here....We do sometimes play to our competition. Lets hope that doesnt happen this week.

I see 7 throwing 3 TDs against that D and 26 running for 1 28-10.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They must be good against the run in order to pull the ranking they do on defense because their secondary is the worst in the league, even worse then the depleted Rats.

Ben should be able to have a field day.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Lithium anyone?

25. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    As long as the Steelers have Tomlin, I see nothing more than an average team who will occasionally win playing top tier teams like we saw the past few weeks, and loose to teams at the bottom of the rankings as we are seeing now. The Steelers under Tomlin will remain inconstant.