1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Betting Questions on the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Sep 1, 2021.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I do not gamble, but I find this a very interesting topic on how the human mind processes betting.

1. Are you betting the season's win total for the Steelers? The line I saw was 8.5 wins. Are you going over or under?

If I wagered I would be taking the under for the following reasons: The tough schedule, how they finished last year, concerns on the o-lone, depth in the secondary, Roethlisberger's health, TJ Watt and Tuitt situations, and I am not sure about Tomlin. It was amazing to see the Steelers 11-0 last year, but the collapse was just as amazing.

There are a number of reasons to take the over. There is still a lot of talent on this team, Ben being healthier with the elbow, Najee Harris, WR depth, Minkah, Watt, Heyward on D, up and coming talent in Highsmith, Dan Moore, Friermuth, Dotson.

2. Do you bet on the Steelers games?

If I did gamble, I do not think I could bet on the Steelers because if they won, but did not cover, I would not be happy.

3. If you do bet on the Steelers, how are you betting the Bills game?

I would be taking the Bills and laying the 6.5 points in my mind, but taking the points and Steelers with my heart, which is why I don't gamble.

2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Lotta money to be made betting against Pitt this season when they are a favorite or slight dog. If they are big dogs like week 1 vs Buffalo you need to be careful because they could back door you and cover

• Like Like x 3
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I figure them for 9 wins, so 8.5 is a pretty tight line. I can’t really see them with more than 10 wins. But I could imagine 7-10 if things go wrong. I’d lean under on win total. But wouldn’t bet it.

I think the Bills will win. But Ben is the king of the last second meaningless TDthat turns a 12 pt loss into a 5pt loss. If the line goes over 7. I’d take Pitt.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I bet about 4 Steelers games back in the 70’s. They won every game but didn’t cover the spread on any of them. I can’t make money betting on them and I won’t bet against them.

5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    1. Are you betting the season's win total for the Steelers? No

The line I saw was 8.5 wins. Are you going over or under? Over, but just slightly. I think this is a 9 win team.

2. Do you bet on the Steelers games? No

3. If you do bet on the Steelers, how are you betting the Bills game?

I would take the Bills and give the points. The Bills may very well be AFC's best team this year. They also may be the AFC's most complete team. The Steelers on the other hand will almost certainly not have Tuitt. They may not have Watt. Even if they do, will he be ready? The offensive line hasn't played together as a unit almost at all. The secondary is thin and going up against a really good group of wideouts with a QB that can sling it. Sorry to say I would take the Bills even if the spread was 14+. This would be a tough matchup even under ideal circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I bet. I will be taking the over with wins for the Steelers now before it changes.
    I only bet on Steelers games if the the points are ridiculously high.
    Weekly more often than not I don't bet Steelers because of my Love for them....so I bet games I can think clearly about.....also a lot of college.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Since it a quick ride to AC and we have legalized sports betting I go up and bet on Pittsburgh teams. I limit my betting to 500.00 a year. I may or may not win with the Pirates. Probably lose cause they suck and I bet with my heart. I took the over. I think it was 58.5 when I bet and I can't see them winning 10 more games.

I will bet the over on the Steelers. And I rarely bet on individual games but I'm going big on the Bills. When I saw the spot was -6 for Bills I thought Vegas has lost their minds. I was shocked at that point spread. IMO I got an easy win come Sept. 12th.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would take the over on wins

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our o line is still gonna stink with our defense being worse. Sorry to be doom and gloom it’s true lol

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben should be around for 9 wins. I never bet the line for or against the Steelers but do wager them straight up W or L.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Nothing but happy thoughts from you so far this season.:thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I no longer get peace or sleep, so yeah I’m grumpy lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we’re a 10-7 team, assuming 15-17 games from Ben. I don’t bet any games, Steelers or anyone else. However if I did, I would confidently take the Bills -6.5. I think we start with a double digit loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Careful, Mark Madden says we will beat them.;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

I am doubling down on a loss if Madden thinks they will win. I am wondering @Benny Lava might be Madden or some other skeptical poster.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If he lasts 9 games

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok, not just double digits. 20 points.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The 20 was a joke. Double digits was not.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If they beat us by 20...I double down on us beating the Raiders no Matter what the spread.