1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I'm not sure about year round, but the seasons are way too short. Same thing with Game of Thrones. Just about the time you're really hooked it's see you next year.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Winter is coming though.... LOL! I've actually never watched that show but I know that it's a pretty slow burn. I'm a huge Mad Men fan and it was slow going too but still had a great story.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    PLEASE let this be the end of Chuck! Please!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Don't know if he's dead, but he has certainly lost his marbles.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Chuck definitely lost it. The scenes with him obsessively trying to find the current. Wow :eek:
    He was doing really well getting over his illness and then the floodgates just opened and came rushing back. Not sure what triggered it, was it his conversation with Jimmy? Which was extremely ice cold **** by the way.

I like Nachos character, great storyline there, looks like Gus is onto him though. He should thank him but that wasn't a thank you look he shot him.

May have been the last nice act by Jimmy he'll commit. That was cringeworthy :lolol:

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I guess it was easier to write 40 - 1/2 hr episodes of Leave It To Beaver each year than 12 - 1 hr episodes of BCS.

Quite a burn out of Chuck last night - what was still running the electric meter? Wonder if that was something Mike did when he went in to do the repair work and take pictures? Speaking of which, where did Mike disappear to these last few weeks?

Better Talk Saul was interesting last night as they discussed possible life without Chuck and eventually Kim and Nacho and how excited they all were to meet Lydia again.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It's probably something stupid like a light at the end of his driveway.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I like lenny lol

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Vince Gilligan is a really focused storyteller and I also think that the production value of the show greatly benefits from shorter seasons. The show has quite a few setpieces and does a lot of world building and some of that would probably suffer from longer seasons. I still wish there were more episodes though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe he's a customer of SDG&E Sometimes, I swear, they attach something to the meter so it keeps running!

• Like Like x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    It shouldn't come as a surprise, but BCS was renewed for a 4th season.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now I definitely need to go back and re-watch BB from the beginning since there will be more and more overlaps on the horizon.

BCS should be called "Better Call Mike....And Then Saul". ;)

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. Saw that today. It's maybe the least surprised I've ever been.

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    After watching the first couple of episodes this season, we actually got behind and just finished late last week. Wow, what a great season. So many epic moments, and as has been said, lots of great BB feels. Can't wait to see what's coming next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And speaking of BB, just read where Todd (Jesse Plemons) from BB (Ed "The Butcher" from Fargo Season II) is engaged to Kirsten Dunst, his wife Peggy from Fargo Season II. Guess that's what happens after spending the night in a meat locker. ;)

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess he kinda had to settle for her since Walt killed his actual true love. If you can't be with the one you love... LOL!

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh Lydia, couldn't wait to get rid o' ya. Poor Todd if they had ever really connected - talk bout an ice witch (with her somewhat hot moments). :swoon:

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ..............Monday August 6th, 9pm EDT, 8 CDT, 6 PDT. If this thread doesn't pull Rev Blount Force out of hibernation I don't know what will. Come on back my friend - I know you love this show. :shrug:

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I im with him from time to time. Miss reading his stuff on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes - BFT's still in the lead with most posts by a factor that approximates my total number of posts. He was a busy boy all those years. I can see him burning out but I think (know) it was something deeper and more personal. He'd be welcomed back with open arms.

Hey my Cali friend - you stay cool and hydrated - you're actually supposed to be hotter than the Mojave Desert today and we'll going to be around 107. Pasadena's looking at 113-115. Now all the zany firebugs start up with their lame pyro tricks.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    114 when I pulled into my driveway this afternoon! Alpine is burning about 15 miles to the East. There was a new one that started just NW of us but, I haven't heard anything about it. It's at a landfill.
    Who woulda thunk we'd have to move to the Mojave to escape the heat?

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, he told me what it was about. I hope he can forget and get back on here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The heat index was 114 here in "upstate" NY on Sunday. The pool was like bath water.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd hate to think what humidity level you needed to hit 114 on the index. While we only reached 107 in the desert yesterday, the humidity was a very comfortable and forgiving 6% which with a 10-15 knot wind actually lowers the heat index below the ambient temp. I have to justify this existence somehow. :cool:

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Better yet, your paradise found at Lake Sabrina. I have about four 1-2 day trips planned up the Eastern Sierras this Fall, including checking out your fave spot. There's so much to see within 2-3 hours from here. The cats are always good for 1-3 days on their own. There's a really spooky ghost town called Cerro Gorda in the mountains east of Owens Dry Lake Bed/Keeler. Lots of westerns filmed up there (just watched Waterhole #3). 4 wheel drive recommended but HD 2 wheel drive will make it.