1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    11 re-posts? I think the ransom-ware bug got hold of your enter button Sir. Whatever you do - do NOT pay them! It's not worth it At this rate your 27,721 posts will easily reach 40K by Memorial Day. I think the ransom bug has attacked CBS Sports.com - when I go to their start page I get all kinds of bizarre pop-ups and warnings that doesn't happen anywhere else in my daily web-surfing. Thanks HRC! :facepalm:

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny thing about Whiter Shade of Pale (even made it into the Commitments flick on a church organ) - that song never was released on an album - only as a single - until "The Best of" was released years later. Gary Brooker still has possibly the greatest set of pipes ever to grace modern music - saw him/them a few years ago as opener for YES and he blew away everyone in the audience - especially those who hadn't even seen him perform live - he still has it.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't decide on what I like more - Jimmy/Saul doing TV commercials or Jimmy/Kim doing their brother/sister scam artist routine. Great stuff. We got a glimpse of Hector almost blowing a gasket tonight - and Nacho snagging on of his pills - and what's her name from Breaking bad showing up with Gus when he's checking the purchase of the BB industrial laundry site.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sigh.....man my internet. I don't know if Ransom Ware can reach all the way out here or not because I'm not even sure Comcast does half the time. There's only one other member that I've seen this phenomenon happen to. I was on vacation during that cyber attack and didn't even know anything about it but my internet on my phone was acting really poorly. It wouldn't let me come here at all for the most part so if I wanted to see what was going on I had to come here and look once I got back to the room.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that was Lydia and I'm hoping that Gail shows up soon since they are obviously about to build the lab. I'm really curious if the show is about to jump ahead in time or if it plans to show the whole year that Jimmy is out. I also think that pill is gonna wind up being used as a weapon as well. Maybe Mike figures out a way to lace it or something.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes Lydia - thank you. Walt poisons her sugar packet at the coffee shop. I can't remember - does Nacho make it far into BB? I missed many episodes along the way.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I can't remember either. It has been a while since I watched the earlier ones.

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I don't think Nacho makes it past season 2 of BB.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh man, Jimmy totally is out to get Chuck, he just jacked Chucks insurance up. :lolol:

Loved the scene with Gus checking out the future Meth site, so awesome seeing how this all came together.

Whats the connection with Mike and the missing navy guy, when he was talking to the woman from the support group? Was that someone Hector killed?

Wonder if the pills are what makes Hector an invalid :hmm:

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You have to assume the fake nitroglycerin pills didn't bottom out Hector's blood pressure which resulted in a stroke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It was awesome when they were in the restaurant and Jimmy started telling her exactly how they could steal money from that dude and then Kim was like "We're just joking though" and he was like "Oh. Um. Yeah. Totally..." LOL! He is definitely ready to truly reach the point of no return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He's not even in BB at all actually is he?

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I was positive he was on BB, but now I can't find any mention of him in the credits.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I googled it. Nacho was loosely referenced in an episode by Saul and he didn't say Nacho but used his full name instead which Nacho is short for.

He never made an appearance on BB, though.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Kind of a subdued episode overall but seeing Slippin' Jimmy in action was awesome. My favorite part of Saul Goodman is watching him use the law to accomplish his own selfish ends and it was fun watching him become a sleazy lawyer to the bureaucrat in order to help a drug dealer. LOL!

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    One of the things I love about this show is the way it shows these guys painstakingly carrying out their plans. Mike with the metal detector, Nacho preparing the pills and practicing the switch. They do a great job with it.

You would think that if Chuck conquers his "illness" that he would be forever grateful to Jimmy, but you know he won't be.

Only two more episodes left this season, that went fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And after these two episodes are over I can watch the whole season on Netflix without the commercials and being forced to wait a week between episodes...:smiley1:

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Great to see Jimmy back to his scheming ways and dressing like Matlock again. LOL! Am I the only one that was laughing like crazy thinking that Irene was gonna fall in those ridiculous shoes so he could start another ridiculous class action suit? You know a man will stop at nothing when he's willing to even rig a Bingo game. LOL! Also Howard is maybe the most smug scumbag on the whole show. Even more so than Chuck. Looks like we might see Hector go down next week too.

23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Howard is the kind of person that needs a serious ass kicking on general prinicpal alone. Nacho is an interesting character. Seems to me he's basically a good guy, but has gotten himself caught up in a life he's not particularly comfortable with.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Vince Gilligan is good at doing that, making viewers sympathize with criminals, same thing with Breaking Bad characters. Have to think Nachos ends up dead, still has to switch the pills back. Hope he doesn't end up getting his dad killed.

Felt bad for Irene, that was mean. Slipping Jimmy is well on his way to becoming Saul.

That Kim scene, wow. I had a feeling though something was going to happen to her, from the very first scene, there was just that foreboding sense something bad was going to happen to her. Now I'm back to thinking they go dark with her character and that puts Jimmy over the edge. Like maybe she runs into one of the people she and Jimmy conned together and gets killed. Hope not.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm sad. Season finale tonight. I want this series to go year round.