1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was thinking during the first scene last night that it could have totally been an episode of Breaking Bad and actually Vince Gilligan tweeted out that he considered last night as "Episode 63" of Breaking Bad or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also do you think last night completely confirmed that Gus is gay? Or do you just think Hector thinks that? Also watching Mike troll Chuck with that drill was classic. LOL!

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I paused it and looked closely as Jimmy was flipping through the pics and he has pics of the blue teapot that he uses and stuff like that. Also it looked like he took a picture of where all the wires hang out of the breaker box as well. My only thing is I don't think any of those will be admissible in court. Jimmy asked Mike if he "got that other thing" and whatever that "other thing" is was "in his address book" and that's what Jimmy was really after.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Drill Baby Drill! Yes a classic scene. The DA lady already knows all about Chuck's phobia's and conditions so showing him in competent to her doesn't make sense - but to the New Mexico BAR it might have an impact. Don't you think that home that Mike bought for his daughter in law is a bit excessive for just two people? She could have had a nicer home in a nicer area but that place (which she picked out) is like a Country Club home. Weird.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its not going to trial, they are going before the Bar. So they steal the tape, Jimmy can then concoct any story as to why he acted the way he did but one that doesn't cost him his license.

If his objective with the lantern picture is to show that it was easy for Chuck to make a mistake working in such dim light (like he originally said before feeling bad for Chuck), that could be pretty compelling to the board.

And yes, Mike can find the tape. Don't forget the episode Jimmy had Mike break into a home and find dirty money. He found it, he knows all the hiding spots.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I suppose this is what a gifted screenwriter does - make everyone sit around afterwards and speculate about what was done, why and what will happen next based on what we the audience know.

Also isn't it funny how Kim is now so involved with Jimmy's shenanigans when back when they formed the shared office she told Jimmy she would do things above-board and by the book and he could do things as he wished. Jimmy is just like a puppy - you hate all the bad things they do but they're just so lovable.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    :offtopic: I'm stoked that new seasons of Saul and Fargo are just starting up when all other network shows are heading into re-runs. This would have been even more handy back in the days of pre-TIVO/DVR/streaming when all you could do was just watch what was on. Do you think kids today have any clue how different life was just 20 year ago? Just slip in a live broadcast DVD of any of Steelers 1st 4 SBs and see how dull even football was without replays and on-screen graphics. You'd think also with all the innovations of sports broadcasting, they could figure out a way of showing board action along the camera side of hockey rinks or at least giving the viewer the option of toggling an overhead camera shot to see what's going on.

OK - off the rant soap box and back to regular Saul speculation talk. :club:

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I love it, freaking awesome episode! Oh man, loved seeing Chuck crumble :lolol:

I had the thought afterwards, what if, not only is Jimmy not disbarred but they disbar Chuck instead because he's loony and they feel he is unfit to practice law???

And then following that line of thought further, Chuck can't handle it and commits suicide or he goes off the deep end and is committed. Either one would weigh heavily on Jimmy and maybe thats how Saul is born?

Man I love this show!

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes indeed. Chuck bites the dust. And while we all suspected that this was more a mental condition than physical - for the first time, we are shown the truth with the hidden battery in Chuck's pocket. Jimmy had to have known this all along and was always protective of Chuck but now had to play his ace card. I'm thinking that maybe Jimmy is in fact disbarred or at least suspended for a spell and, hence the origin of Saul Goodman who is either completely fictitious or perhaps an elderly non-practicing attorney who's identity and license are taken over by Jimmy. In the previews for next week you hear a soundbite of Kim saying "Saul Goodman?" as a question. We may find out in 7 days.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The Saul Goodman identity must be on the up and up, they all know Jimmy in the courts. Must just be a name change but why?

Jimmy probably gets suspended but I no longer think he is disbarred.

Also wondering what Kims fate is in all this? The board may feel she had something to do with Jimmys actions.

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure you put way too much thought into it. Jimmy got suspended, not disbarred.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He said in BB that he changed his name to that to curry favor with the Jews. Guess that was another lie. Lol!

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I wonder if she falls victim to some cartel stuff since Jimmy is gonna wind up sorta involved with them.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol, you never know with Jimmy! But I think its deeper than that

I don't think they will go that dark with her character.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're both right - BF and BFT - why change name but not locale? Courts would know he's old Jimmy McGill.

Is it just me or is watching Kim brush her teeth nearly every week a subtle turn on ? :cool: I think she's great. Love the pony tail too.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:
    I like her better with the mussed hair but something sexy about her either way.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    One look would certainly lead to the other look ;)

Re-found another wandering member of your Salty Dog crew...one of my most cherished albums back in the summer of Woodstock and Manson....................

upload_2017-5-11_22-41-22.jpeg

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hilarious episode. He has already said earlier in the series that he uses the name Saul Goodman because it's "all good man"! What's funny is how he pretty much always has a different answer for why he uses that name. I would LOVE to see a scene of Chuck watching one of his commercials. LOL! Speaking of which, I still can not find a single cell in my body that has any sympathy for that psychopath whatsoever. I may be in the minority on that but I still think he's a professional manipulator regardless. Looks like he might be about to go check himself in to a nut house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Whiter shade of pale.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011