1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends. You can be disbarred from one jurisdiction but not be disbarred nationwide but since Mike is in BB also, it's likely Jimmy didn't leave wherever it is that the show takes place in. The other possibility is he was disbarred and asks to be reinstated after x amount of time. Or, he's practicing law illegally. He is using a different name in BB.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he says in Breaking Bad that the only reason he uses the name Saul Goodman is because it helps him appeal to Jews and that his real name is Jimmy McGill. That's one of my favorite lines from him ever. Then in Better Call Saul he says that he uses the name Saul Goodman because it's "All Good Man". LOL!!! On another note I would LOVE to see a prequel about a young Mike and watch him "Break Bad" also BUT the only thing that would be lame about that would be that Jonathan Banks wouldn't get to be in it very much. I mean it could maybe be him telling stories via flashback and letting a younger actor play a younger Mike but man you KNOW Vince Gilligan could come up with some amazing stories for him. I really love that character. Also did you know that the first letter of every episode title this season spells "Fring's Back"? It means that Gus is for sure coming in Season 3. Vince Gilligan actually confirmed that the other day.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - so was Mike trying to take them all out at that remote ranch house or just Hector or just going through the motions in case he ever gets the nerve to pull a trigger? And the fact that his station wagon horn was turned on and a note left on his windshield indicates that someone has been following him around and observing his actions - perhaps a BB character? Gus???

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He wants to kill Hector but Nachos was blocking his shot and didn't want to kill Nacho too.

Good thought about Gus being the one leaving the note. I was thinking Nachos but didn't know how he could have.

5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Never hated a character more on TV than Chuck McGill.

Cant wait for season 3.

Now I'm left with the new seasons of Alone and Archer.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's funny how the show is actually about a villain but he's the one you root for and don't even think of him as one. But Chuck is who I think of as a major scumbag who is also psycho.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If you were around to enjoy the Steelers Dynasty of the 70's you are old enough to remember Falcon Eddie on the mini-series Rich Man-Poor Man (where Nick Nolte got his start) - he was one nasty dude hated by everyone. I was staying at a B&B up the coast in Cali many moons ago and met Michael McKean. Surprisingly he was there with a younger girl - maybe his sister or perhaps daughter? :hmm:

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This show has a way of producing those kinds of characters. I remember there were a lot of websites during Breaking Bad's run claiming that Skylar was the most hated TV character in history.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly despised her. The moment where she told Walt about her and Ted is just one of the most brutal moments I've ever seen in a show. It was COLD dude! I'm also a huge Mad Men fan and Betty Draper had tons of haters too but I really thought she played that whole elegant housewife thing really brilliantly. What's ironic though is that once she cheated on Don I started disliking her but I really liked Don and he cheated on her all the time. Go figure. LOL!

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There are so many hateful characters in TV history. Skylar is definitely up there, as well as Chuck. In the last season of "American Crime", I hated Felicity Huffman's character. It takes a great actor to play a hated character!

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    There are two different kinds of hatred towards characters in my mind. There are characters you "love to hate" and there are just characters you hate. Chuck is just a character I hate. I don't really get any enjoyment from him at all. I love Michael McKean but I just hate this character. A character that you "love to hate" is someone that is really evil but just has this sort of "charm" about them. J.R. Ewing is of course the greatest to ever play that role. I LOVE that character and don't hate anything about him but he was meant to be the guy you loved to hate. I don't see how anybody could really hate him though because he was just so fun to watch. He's my favorite tv character of all time. Only Barney Fife and Archie Bunker can come close to him for me and even they aren't that close.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    JR was certainly a "Lovable villain", so is Saul, so is "Red" from the Blacklist. I watched Dallas religiously and never could quite forget that Hagman was Jeannie's master, one of the best loved characters. I hated Skylar from the beginning of BB. She was such a ball-breaker! I've known too many women like her.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm a faithful Dallas fan as well. What a great show. Well I guess until the whole "Pam's dream" crap and that was sorta the jumping of the shark for it. I don't know what it is about Skylar but I just can't find any sympathy or redeemable qualities in her whatsoever.

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. He's one of my favorite TV characters right now and definitely fits the "villain you love to hate" role very well.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Spader plays a likeable creep really well! He did it on "Boston Legal" too.
    DENNY CRANE!

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think Tony Soprano portrayed by James Gandolfini is the all time lovable villain, he was a murderer and a thief who prayed on society for profit and yet the public couldn't wait for the next episode to air each week, and it was too bad he died at such a young age 48, he was probably one of the best villain character actors of our time....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Walter White may make an appearance on BCS :yahoo:

There is nothing definite, but Cranton who played White said he'd be all for it. Possibility he may also direct an episode.

Next season Gus definitely will be in it as we speculated, obviously it was one of his men that sounded Mikes horn on his car.

One thing we've all wondered is Kims fate, seems the show is thinking of taking her down the same path as Jimmy but again, nothing definitive.

We'll have to wait until 2017 though *sigh* Seems longer then this past April that the season ended.

http://masterherald.com/better-call...r-white-actor-but-behind-the-cameras/43419/2/

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ...excellent - can't wait - 5:29 PDT 4-3-17 on AMC. Will Gus be introduced this season? Stay tuned.....

And then just around the bend - it's Fargo's 3rd season premier - Wed April 19 on FX ( not sure of time).

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh Gus is for sure in it this year. Did you not see the teaser Los Pollos Hermanos trailer? I'm definitely dying for Monday.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  21. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I love this show! Can't wait for it to start up.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Correction - Season III (Saul) doesn't begin until the following Monday, April 10. Tomorrow's segment at 5:29 PDT is merely a 5 minute "greeting from the set". Dang - have to wait another whole week. For those without streaming capability for past seasons of Saul (like me out here in Timbuckthree - AMC is running a marathon of season II Saul all day Monday April 10 starting at 8:30am PDT.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    .....aaaaaaand of course it would have to be on the night of the Cubbies home opener. So I guess I won't get to watch it until the 11th now. Oh well. 108 years of suffering and waiting vs. only one extra day of waiting on Better Call Saul I guess is a somewhat fair trade though. LOL!

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Your priorities are all messed up Mr T - there are 162 Baby Bear games but only 12 segments of Saul each season. Snap out of it. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    As a warm up to Saul season 3, AMC ran a Gus Fring marathon last Monday - I DVR'd and watched all 15+/- episodes featuring Gus - had missed some of the early episodes when show ran 1st run back in 2009-2011 - question: Since the chicken franchise is called Los Pollos Hermanos - did they ever say in BB what happened to Gus' brother or brothers? Were we to assume that Hector's cartel whacked Gus' family and that's why he set up a competing operation as a form of revenge? I suppose if this was never covered in BB, they will address it now in Saul #3 with Gus being introduced into the picture. Did BB run just 1 more season after Gus' demise - 5 in all?