1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey BFT - you had to love Jimmy trying to get fired this past week - I thought that whole scene where he is motivated for choosong his wardrobe selection by the floppy air ad-man was genius and hilarious - it deserves an Emmy all by itself. They really picked up the writing and scene selection this week.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I loved it. I've loved every episode and especially when they focus on Mike. I wonder if Mike is gonna put Hector in a wheelchair? I couldn't remember if Gus put him there on Breaking Bad or if it never showed how he wound up that way. I remember Gus going there and poisoning everyone and all that but I couldn't remember if that's what put him in the wheelchair or not.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Mike's something else - he has that Rambo mad at the world attitude and he has very little use for Jimmy other than when he needs an attorney - I missed several BB segments in the middle years so I'm not clear on a lot of the continuity from one show to the next. I liked the scene with little Jimmy in his early grifter learning days. I also love the super off-beat old hick songs they play at the opening each week (sorry- no offense you being from Tennessee and all ;))

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No offense taken. LOL! If you've never got to see all of BB I HIGHLY recommend watching it in succession. It's unbelievable how cohesive and ongoing the story is.

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've been wondering the exact same thing. I'm also wondering what's going to eventually happen with Kim. She was obviously not around (at least that we know of) during Breaking Bad and was added as a love interest for BCS, but I think there needs to be some basic explanation of why we never see her by the time Walt shows up.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm sure they'll have a huge falling out over him turning out to be a "criminal" lawyer. Maybe Tuco might have her killed though since Saul is in with Mike?

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They never said how Hector ended up like that. I assumed it was a stroke. Since it was never said, they can obviously write it so Mike does it to him.

BFT, I've had a bad feeling that Kim is going to die somehow, I think that is going to be the push that sends Jimmy completely over the edge. Just not sure how.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I won't be surprised if she does either. I also think his brother will as well. I'd say her death will definitely be Jimmy's fault too.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw this the other day and was in absolute SHOCK that governments would do such things! The NERVE of these people to even insinuate such assertions! LOL!

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, on second thought, I don't think anything as dark as that happens to Kim. I think now maybe she ends up getting disbarred because of something Jimmy does, or, maybe one of their scams comes back to bite them in the ass.

Whatever it is, I think the result is Kim dumping Jimmy.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I loved last night when Chuck told Jimmy "If things were reversed..." I started dying laughing about that because Jimmy had just spent hours reversing those numbers. LOL! One thing I think is weird though is that really all Jimmy would have to do to get them to drop Chuck and go with Kim would be for him to tell them about Chuck's condition.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sad part is Chuck is full of ****, he wouldnt be doing the same for Jimmy.

As for telling them about Chuck, I dont know if that would do it, Chuck sold them on the firm, the fact that it takes a team of people to handle a client like them.

Looks like Mike is definitely going to be responsible for Hectors condition.

I also think I was right about Jimmy getting Kim disbarred, what Jimmy did is going to come back and hurt her.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you think that Mike was making some kind of like a "stopping strip" with that hose and he's gonna bust the tires on that truck or something?

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Stop it - haven't watched the DVR yet. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Me averting my eyes.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats what it looked like. One of my favorite things about this show is getting Mikes back story, such a great character. Makes me angrier and angrier at Walt :lolol:

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah even when Mike was dying Walt was still trying to think only of himself. LOL!

18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw him putting the nails in it. And how it will be poetic justice that his granddaughter, who Hector used as leverage against Mike, had a hand in making it.

And I'm sure I've said this before on here, but every time I see Chuck and Clifford on BCS together, even though not on screen at the same time, I will always think of this video:

I keep hoping (unrealistically, I'm sure) that we'll see Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer make a brief cameo....

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah man Spinal Tap is one of my all time favorites. Listen...to what the Flower People say... I suppose Ed Begley Jr might die of a bizarre gardening accident. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't believe that happened! Jimmy almost got away with it and cukoo brother faints :facepalm:

And Mikes plan backfired too! Got an innocent person killed. Guarantee he is behind Hectors condition now.

Love this show!

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that was an awesome episode. I loved when Saul told Lance at the copy store when he held him up for $200 more that "You'll go far in life my friend". LOL! It was almost like Saul APPRECIATED someone trying to screw him over. I can't wait til next week and hopefully Gus shows up.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    When Chuck fell over in the copy shop he banged his head pretty hard on the counter - either than makes him a vegetable the rest of the show unable to communicate with anyone and eventually passes or he has a miraculous recovery from his weird condition. The fact that he doesn't show up on BB - me thinks the former scenario. It did look like Hector was having a stroke inside the taco joint when he found out his truck had been hit - so maybe Mike does it (puts Hector in a wheelchair) just through mental torture. Season finale already this next Monday. Then we get to sit around and wait for the draft and for Fargo season III to start up ;)

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nah, writers just hadn't created him yet :lolol:

I think Blount may be right in an earlier post when he predicted he dies which probably leads to Kim and Jimmy having a falling out. I no longer think Kim dies, she just dumps Jimmy.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh man, hating Chuck! Hope he changes his mind but I don't think he will, he just can't stand to lose and has to be better than Jimmy at everything, even being favorite son. Withholding what their mother said on her deathbed is really messed up.

This might be my favorite show at the moment, the writing is fantastic. Not surprising, since Breaking Bad was so awesome.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well we know that Chuck doesn't use the tape against him because Saul would have been disbarred. Either that or he DOES use the tapes against him and Jimmy just lies his way out of it again by having that Dr testify to Chuck's insanity. LOL!