1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I believe they were going to force him out after Jimmy beat him at that hearing and exposed his condition as being in his head.

I can’t believe Kim went to Salamanca, she’s dead now. These last few episodes are very Breaking Bad like, that show was so aptly named because everything went wrong, just like whats happening now in BCS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow! That was possibly the best episode in the entire series. So well filmed, scripted and directed. Standout. And now "The Twins" enter the scene - can't help but remembering the all time gruesome scene from BB. Well done all around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Agree best episode. I got fired up when the twins appeared. I was sure that Mike would kill the driver at the end but the vehicle would remain intact so they could drive out. Kim's a goner, I think.

I'm telling people who loved BB but not BCS that this season is the time to start watching. I didn't like BCS the at first but started watching season 4 and glad I did. Vince Gilligan is amazing writer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm starting to think that Mike is going to be called on to take out Kim.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh that would suck. There was definitely some foreshadowing there when Mike was mad that Jimmy told her.

I think it would be Nachos though, Mike doesn’t work for that Salamanca guy in the cell. Or maybe the twins will do it, oh poor Kim :butcher:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I was surprised Mike saved Saul. I thought Mike and Gus wanted that guy to stay in prison. I guess if he gets out they will shoot him???????? Funny how old Mike looked so much better then Saul walking through that barren wasteland.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    As Blast said above, that would suck. But doesn't Mike work for Gus? Or is he a double agent Hitman and he would need to do it to protect his dual allegiance. I never realized how short Kim is. Most (not all) actors aren't that tall and when she tossed her heels and was standing next to Jimmy in the long shot to the kitchen last night, Jimmy was towering over her as she looked up at him. All of them put in I think their top performances of the whole series last night, ironically as the plague sweeps the world and there won't be any first run shows this next season. Perhaps a swan song for the foreseeable future.

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Shoot! Didn't think what the pandemic would do to TV shows. I hate the long waits between seasons and now it will be super long. Tried a new show on Netflix called "Ozarks" really good opening show about drug cartels and money laundering. I do love that Netflix puts the whole season on at once, none of that waiting week to week. I am learning what binge watching really is.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ozark is incredible! I don't know how far into it you are. It's amazing how much work Justin Bateman gets yet, his sister has disappeared!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I guess only one episode of BCS left for this season. Was sure someone was going to die when lala came back to their apt. Thought Mike was going to put one through his eye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Kim has always been a very good actress but these last two episodes she has really shined. That verbal beat down she put on Lalo was amazing. Lalo's very good at his part as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No doubt now there will be another season of BCS, whenever they can resume production well down the road. Lalo sure did his best El Chapo impression last night, but we know from BB who survives that showdown until, of course, Gus meets his Maker. The big mystery rolling into next season will be - how will Howard lose his hair! LOL. Great show and excellent season.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    She’s been great and man does she want to burn down Howard, wow.

I was just waiting for Lalo to pull out his gun and shoot her or get shot by Mike because she was crowding his shot. I was like get out of the way, Kim!

I have been watching this whole season like it was the last one, had no idea they weren’t going to wrap it up. I thought I remembered that it was to be the last season. Not complaining, love this show and can’t wait for new episodes, whenever that will be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, who's gonna take out Lalo? Mike? Nacho? Don Eladio for bringing Nacho in?

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Walter White! ;)

PS - Remember back in episode 1 or 2 this year when Jimmy Cinn-o-bun guy was outed by some kids who remembered Saul Goodman commercials - they never closed that loophole when Jimmy made a call.......Oh well, may not see another episode until 2022 at the pace things are going.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I don't know who's going to "disappear" him now that that actor is dead! BTW, the actor who plays Don Elodio did NOT age well!

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Don Elodio aged the worse for sure.

I see we will have to wait until fall of 2021 for the final season:(

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    For those who care, Bob Odenkirk had a mild heart attack on set but seems to be doing much better and they resumed filming the final season of better Call Saul.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Never watch the show, but hope all is Well.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, glad he is ok.

So looking forward to this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Amazing show.

Glad Bob's doing ok after what happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So, again, what becomes of Kim who never made it into the BB series? Perhaps she's the first to enter the "Identity Protection/Relocation Program? Will be difficult without the endearing late Robert Forster to answer the phone - unless they CGI him into the script. Guess we'll find out eventually. Can't wait. :dancing:

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    you should. Also if you didn’t watch breaking bad that is must see tv

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I haven't seen either one.:shrug: Though friends, and My Brother have been telling Me 2 watch for Years.

25. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Kim and Nacho could hypothetically still be around during BB, even though they're not seen on camera. I have the distinct feeling thats not gonna be the case though.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1