1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to get tickets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Apr 17, 2012.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I am planing a trip up to see us play the Redskins. All of my friends are skins fan so we are going to take a but to the game. What is the best way for me to get tickets? This will be my first NFL game. I can't wait to see us crush RG3

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Get naked and run through the gold lot. Seriously though look on craigslist but i hardly ever go there with a ticket in hand. Just look for somebody with a sign that says i need tickets the back will have the seating chart. My recommendation is buy the cheapest you can and stand in the endzone.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've bought tickets off ebay, craigslist, and from a scalper. The best seats I got were from a scalper. All of the tickets are always listed REALLY high on ebay and I only recommend them if you are desperate. The seats I got from the scalper were 26 rows from the field in the "club" section. They were $375 for 2 but it was when we played the Vikes in 09 and it was Brett Favres only game ever at Heinz. It was awesome and I would definitely pay that again. I've talked to people who have used STUB HUB for other teams and got like $30 tickets. If you've never been to an nfl game you should know that there is really not a bad seat in the house when you are looking down on the field. The camera makes it seem like you can't really tell what's going on if you are in the "nosebleed" but that's not really the case. In Cincy last year I was about 28 rows up in season ticket seats and they were honestly not that good. You should also know that you have to pay more to sit on the "steelers side" of the field also. Trust me at Heinz you will have a blast no matter what. Good luck!

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The first way would be to try to score some when they go on sale in like June/July. If you dont get any that way...then try the various other ways people have mentioned.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I went to the game at Indy last year and figured I could get tickets cheap since it was Kerry Collins starting but I still paid about $80 per ticket, and that was in the end zone all the way up top. I got them on stub hub.

Is it pretty reliable to buy from scalpers? I've considered making the trip from Cincy to Pittsburgh and trying that but I'd be pissed if I got there and didn't get tickets (or had to pay an outrageous amount). What would you think the cheapest I could find would be from scalpers (I have no problem with sitting up high)?

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Ive always had luck at getting them from a scalper but if you somehow cant get them it is still fun to go watch the game at the bars arounf the heinz

7. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    True but if I make the trip, and probably take off work then I wanna be at the game.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah i can understand that we went to the.dolphins game after the seattle super bowl i ended up selling my tickets for triple the cost and went to the bars and had just as much fun as in the game. Still tailgated my face off though

9. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If you are like me, I want tickets in hand before I leave the house. I want to know where I am sitting and how much I have spent. I have bought all my tickets on stubhub and never had a problem. Maybe a little higher but it is easy and safe.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  11. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I've used stubhub in the past and ticket exchange more recently-- both are good. On occasion I've bought cheap seats and stood in the endzone, but a few years ago they added seats in the endzone so I can't do that anymore.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    HEY STEEL I actually found the scalper on craigslist and just called him up. He was totally legit and said he had been doing it for 30 years. I used to have his number in my phone but I can't find it now. I definitely like to have my tickets before I leave but I just went to that game on a whim and drove up from down here in TN. Another Craiglist guy that I found from Cincy actually let me come to his house to pick up the tickets. Otherwise I've always bought my tickets from ebay. I've even done the thing where you print them off on your pc. That one really made me nervous but they worked. I'm thinking about trying to talk my dad into flying out to the denver game because in Knoxville we have an airline called frontier that does budget flights from Ktown to Denver. Would you do it?

13. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If it is a one time shot buy the tickets off the season ticket holders and get great seats, save up and you will remember the game forever if your in the action between 10 and 30 rows up.