1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Safety for Steelers

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Da Stellars, Feb 1, 2016.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    oh no!!!
    Don't pull a
    Whitney Houston-Brown

We'll say too many nascar fumes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Jeremy
    He looks pretty damn good to me.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    justin simmons boston college. seems like a smart kid and good tackler. tall and did i mention plays smart. creates turnovers. only a 4.59 guy but maybe he runs a little better at the combine. worth a look if you get the time. i do like this bunch of safeties this year. fortunately for us we need one or two. might be a year to stockpile a couple of good ones. this kid is listed as a 6th rounder, that alone shows how deep this class is at that spot. :cool:

4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I am a BC fan and I absolutely agree. They were the #1 defense in the country for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Looks l like he has strong leadership skills... good to see.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Watch the Bama game, this is the only thing I watched on him and I wasn't impressed at all. Like I posted above it is only one game but it told me a lot. He was way deep and didn't really get involved much in the run game, jmo.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/keanu-neal/

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Simmons had an up and down Shrine game I made a comment at that time I wanted to see more of him.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just took a few minutes to watch his games against Clemson and Notre Dame on Draftbreakdown.com. There's a lot to like there. He is as sure a tackler as you'll see in this draft, and he has seems to always take the correct angle. He looks like he can be effective playing center field, or near the line. Good player.

9. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I don't watch college football so everything I watched on Neal was game film breakdown. Usually only watch a couple games.

Neal has good size and what I thought were good fundamentals. I don't think he would be a bad pick especially if he's there in the 4th.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Click the link I post and watch a bit I would like to hear your opinion on it. I don't like the fact that in this game he was no help vs the run. I am not saying I am against the pick, I def need more film on him.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Watching the Alabama game for Neal, I can't say he has an unwillingness to come up and make a hit. Look how deep he was lined up... seems like it was more game plan than anything else... it is Alabama after all...

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Earl Thomas type safety, if there is one out there? Kid from Boise?

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah I agree he was playing way deep, I mentioned that in my 1st post and I wasn't sure if that was by design so I need more film. The thing with him playing so deep was he didn't pick up on the run fast and even when the back made it to the secondary he wasn't there. Guess we will get a better look at him at the combine.

14. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    We Must improve our Pass defense in order to win the SB next year. The time is now since we have a Franchise QB the next 4-5 yrs and an offensive attack worthy of all Praise we throw at it. Having said that!!!!!!!!!

I Don't really want a Safety early in the Draft, instead I want a Top DL!!!!! We must control the LOS First and Second we Must put pressure on the QB. Any injury to Tuitt/Heyward completely derails our SB hopes. I won't hijack this thread on that topic so to move on to the topic on hand......

My current plans for the back-end of the secondary is......

Sign Eric Weddle to a cap friendly 4 yr deal....... He is now our FS... Move Mitchell to SS.... Move D. Grant to FS and Resign Golden to SS.....

Draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in the 4th Rd to compete along with Dangerfield/Ventrone.

Cajun-

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't give Weddle nothing more than a 2 year deal if that, he's 31 and coming off a injury.

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The reason for the 4 yr deal is because I'm signing him to a deal that's cap friendly. Vet min base but decent signing bonus with incentives and or roster bonus..... I fully expect him to be a solid FS for 2 more years.... After that the contract is structured to give us options that doesn't hurt is if he stays or goes.....

Cajun