1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's Replacement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Dec 2, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

didn't he play on dragnet?
    :smiley1::cool:

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, he was Frank Gannon's partner.

3. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    There are some gems for class of 2018. And we won't have to make them sit and wait for 2 years. I mean, when was the last time Ben played a full season?

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has got better and has not took the hits that Ben has, he would be a nice 2 or 3 year stop gap not the future QB IMO...

5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The Ohio State University. J.T. Barrett.

I believe his about to graduate. But he will probably get snatched up by the Browns.

6. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Ohio State has never had a QB be successful in the NFL.

7. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    True but remember when Ben said he thought about his family when he got a concussion last year. He's definitely a gamer maybe the best at it in the league, but his thinking is different now you would think from those comments. He has children he wants to be able to play with when he's done. I hope he doesn't retire soon but it's the NFL so who truly knows how good his body feels on a day to day basis.

I would just like to see the FO draft his replacement within the next draft or two. That way he can learn from Ben and just get a grip on how it is to be an NFL QB. This way we can transfer from Ben to whoever and hopefully stay a good team. We have a lot of good young talent we want to keep. When Ben does hang it up Bell, Bryant, and Brown won't want to stay if we have a lousy QB you would think.

8. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    That just means the NFL is ready for the first.

"Ever forward." - Pops, Luke Cage, Season 1

9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Since I don't follow college that much, who are some of these gems in the 2018 class.? I think I read that BR has only played 1 full season out of his 13 years.

10. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Chad Kelly Ole Miss. He is Jim Kelly's Nephew so there are Pittsburgh ties there.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I honestly believe Ben's real replacement is still in High School or even Middle School somewhere. Players of his caliber do not come around very often. We will probably go through quite a few rough years with the likes of the Brister, Malone, Graham and Maddox years again. That's all the more reason to hope that we can win a few more Championships quickly.

I don't watch much college ball but unless you find a diamond in the rough I just don't think it's going to happen for a while. JMHO.

12. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I would not draft a QB in the early rounds for another two, maybe three years. There are too many other positions that need help, to help give Ben at least one more ring before he's done (hopefully this year). Until then, I would consider picking up a veteran that has had some starting experience in the past to be a backup, because just about anyone is better than Jones (even though he was not terrible against the pats), and Mettenberger has little experience also. Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwitch were great backups and they both had good careers as starters, and they also helped Ben out too, because they've been there before. It will be interesting to see where the Steelers go with this...

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I hear Tony Romo is looking for a job:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Art Schleister Slichter

LOL

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    oh dear God no. are you kidding? this coming from a buckeye fan. now his backup burrow, watch for this kid. he may be the best qb that can pass in years. he knows where to throw, when to throw and can already read defenses. it's a matter if urban doesn't screw him up. urbans offense isn't really geared for his type.

i have also been a huge fan of The U for 30+ years and don't want kaaya either. kelly is awful. the kid from washington is a pocket passer only. the kid from clemson is an interception machine. not many will make the transition to the pros very well out of this years draft. this ain't the year most likely.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I'd rather keep Jones. Lol. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Romo is too expensive but dare I say with this offense.... we win a SB?

That is if that dude doesnt get touched, that guys still leaking sand lol

18. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    No, I'm not kidding. That's why I said it. Buckeyes fan, also. Barrett needs to stop looking to run so much. He can easily be coached out of that. And those who have worked with him have said he has a great head on his shoulders. We also know he can throw the ball. It's not that much of a stretch.

Agree to disagree.

19. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Just draft the next reasonably large QB that was born in PA or OH. Done deal.