1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's MRI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Sep 27, 2015.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  2. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I never know if people are joking when they say this or not.

I'll take Vick over Batch though. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really think Vick is going to play ok. This Steelers offense isn't the Jets. Think about it, Chris Ivory was their leading rusher with less than 900 yards and their leading receiver was Eric Decker who always disappeared at the end of games. Vick doesn't need to play lights out. He just needs to play OK, the other weapons will take care of it. My bigger concern, even if Ben were still in there is the D.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Once the MCL is cleared, I think the bone bruise is just a matter of playing through the pain and we all know Ben will play through the pain. I think hes back in 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Blast I agree that Ben can play through the pain, there may not be a tougher player in football then Ben. Movin the Chains had this doctor on the other day and he was saying a bone bruise is much more serious then it sounds. He went on to say a bone bruise is more like a fracture and this will prevent Ben from rehabbing the MCL as fast has he wants to. I am no doctor(I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express) I am just passing along what this guy said on the radio. I am hoping for the best and knowing Ben he will beat the odds.......

5. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    You're on the internet. Everyone can be a doctor. Gosh, the Steelers have a million of headcoaches on the internet. But I think you're right. It's not a sequential thing but a parallel one. No first heal the MCL then play through the bruise, but more of a the bruise prevents faster healing.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    but we are talking about ben, he's played through some rough injuries more than most qb's would. knowing him, i don't see 6 weeks. :cool:

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Might as well play with an S on his chest :matrix0:

Who else wouldnt have had their ACL torn to pieces on that hit. He'll rub some dirt on it and be back in 4 weeks :good:

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think he'll be back in 4 weeks as well. Or at least i hope so. Ben is one tough SOB. The bruising will make it sore as hell but I believe he'll play through that. He has to know his time is limited to do great things in the NFL and with this offense i'd bet he's itching real bad to get back out there with them. If he's able he's going to be out on that field, pain be damned.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ben will probably be concerned of his career being over once landry hits the field and starts leading us to victories. :hehehe:

;):cool:

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Put down the pipe and walk away!! :D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery being sent Ben's way.

This is just so, so wrong. :(

[​IMG]

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT CAPTION THIS.:smiley1::cool:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thinking the same thing :lolol:

Landry: Think we can break his other knee, Vick?

Vick: Lets take this chump.

Ben: Puhleeze.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

:lolol::cool:

15. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

Why does Vick look so pissed all the time!:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :shrug: His herpes is acting up? :shrug: (Oh, you thought we forgot about the whole Ron Mexico thing? ;))

My caption:

"You know, even leaning on these crutches, I'm still better than both of you combined, right?"

• Like Like x 2