1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's MRI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Well, if the diagnosis came straight from a guy with 'MD' after his name 100% means physically (structurally) healed. That's going to include some rehab leading up to an offical medical release to ensure the surrounding tissue, muscles, and ligament itself have returned to normal working order. 'Normal' to the NFL game, however, is a different animal, and full recovery there includes any mental issue the player may have with trusting the knee getting planted/hit/etc. So 100% in that respect is a bit more elusive to apply a timeline to.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm practically in disbelief that it's not torn. I would've bet the house that he was done for the year the way that replay looked. WHEW!

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Any other mere mortal it would have been shredded :eek:

4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  5. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Also Haley will have a gameplan that plays to Vick's strengths. He is good at scheming around personnel: the rest is up to Vick.

Vick is Tomlin's guy. He will start next game.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Marshall Faulk said he thinks Ben will be ready WAY before 4 weeks. He said an MCL is NOT gonna keep him out that long and he was pretty adamant about that. Man I hope he's right. I doubt it though.

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It all comes down to treatment, rehab, and Ben's ability to heal. I'm sure he'll wear a brace the rest of the year (or most of it) which will reduce his mobility. But I wouldn't say coming back quickly is out of the question.

I'm just hoping he's not out more than 4 weeks. We lost Ben for 4 games in 2005 due to a knee injury too. We went 2-2 in his absence. And he wasn't quite the vital cog in our offense then that he is now. Anything longer than 4 weeks, and we may fall too far behind.

If we can go 2-2 without him this time, we might be ok. I just don't want us falling too far behind. Especially with Cinci tearing it up for now.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can we ask Charley Batch to suit up?

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Bungles will stumble. It's in there DNA. Glad they won against the crows yesterday. Time to bury the crows. The cellar looks good for them and their arrogant coach.

The news is great in Steeler Land friends. Ben hopefully will be back for the Chiefs game. Bell and the D has to carry till he gets back.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    knowing ben, he'll be playing week 4 with a brace, wrap and a shot.;):cool:

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I hope it is just 4 weeks because we are going to lose every game he is out. Maybe we recover from 2-5, but 2-7 we are done.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we still have a lot of offensive weapons to throw at teams and hopefully we will be adding another one in a couple of weeks. :cool:

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    must have someone who can make a throw tho

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What Faulk said was that he thinks he might be back after the ravens game. I HIGHLY doubt that though. He was just really downplaying the importance of an MCL injury. I wish that was true though.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm just saying their defense still has to cover those weapons everywhere. they can't just sell out for bell running the ball every down. i agree he will have to make some throws to make it work, but the cupboard isn't bare by any means. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Having Bryant for this game would be huge to take the top off their defense. If there was any game for DHB to make a statement, it would be vs the Ravens this Thursday. We'll need him to create some space deep. I would love to see Coates active this week, since I think having a 4th WR would be better than having 6 RB's.

Is this the week Dri gets a touch on offense? I really hope we don't crawl into a conservative shell on offense.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the deep stuff would be nice with coates and bryant but vick needs to work at getting on the same page with AB, wheaton, heath, bell and DHB first and foremost. those other guys will come later. :cool:

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If anyone can, its Ben but how effective will he be? Regardless, Id take a 50% Ben over a 100% Vick and thats from a football perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I didnt know Marshall Faulk was an orthopedic doctor????

20. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will say this. Yesterday Vick looked lost and that was the only time the dome was loud was when Vick came in. I am sure that has to do with being thrown into a game and not running with the first team etc. Also I was hoping Vick would just unleash one 60 yards for no other reason than to let the Rams know he was going deep. The Rams immediately sat and jumped all the short routes as soon as Ben was out. In addition the Rams front four are pretty darn good. It will be a test but give Vick a couple of days to get comfortable etc. and I think we will beat the Rats in an ugly game Thursday night. My hope is they don't rush Ben back but then again I said to my brother-in-law on the way home how many times has Ben looked completely done to turn around and take the next snap, or come back sooner than anticipated.

Big win yesterday and our defense played very very well!

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Bryant coming back won't be much use when, based on yesterday's evidence, Vick can only throw the ball 3 yards.

Ah well, maybe Haley does a good job and gets him comfortable. We should have signed Matt Cassel when we had the chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He's not. But he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Man, this is MUCH better news than I expected after how that looked yesterday!

Vick still throws a pretty good deep ball and we have some absolute burners at wideout. I bet we see even more deep shots than with Ben because Vick is not so great at the intermediate and timing routes. If the OLine can reassert themselves and establish the run game while Vick bombs away, we may split the next four. It suddenly feels like the season might not be over after all.

• Like Like x 1
  24. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    LET'S ROLL!!!!! POUND THE ROCK...

25. Jim Stroker

Jim Stroker New Member

Sep 29, 2015