1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's Cap Hit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pjgruden, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Let's not Kid ourselves about Ben. While we have enjoyed watching him play over the years he is not exactly a team first guy. He has been kind of a selfish douche for most of his career. Even in the later years when he settled down and became less of a douche he was still kind of a jerk. Lots of Passive aggressive BS that we all saw. We are all guilty of giving the guy a pass cause he was good with a football (yes myself included). He has had more than any one persons share of controversy in his Career. I don't expect him to do anything other than serve his own personal interest above and beyond all else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    before March 17th. Then the cap hit will be real. Unless they plan to release him, they more than likely will push money into next year (whether he plans to play or not).

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Boo. Don't point it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I mean if you're going to pay him...they might as well do it one lump sum...I'd rather just get it over with rather then extending it and dragging it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, when I see Mason doing as well as Ben did during the last two weeks, I think we'll be ok and be without regrets. JMO

6. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, maybe he can be part of MT's first losing season. I'll bet that will make for an even better ending then retiring now. Ben, get out while the gettin is good. For the past several years all I hear was the window is closing the window is closing. Now its closed so, thanks for your service but retirement is a good thing.

7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Your right that that would be preferable to what is going on now but once they started spreading out money like they have, its becomes addictive and hard to stop with a cap limit. Besides, i'll be the players would be pissed if they went the lump sum now route and not being able to spread it over several years and still stay cap compliant. At least that is how my non cap expertise mind thinks.