1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Benny Snell Football

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 6, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He was. Just ask him. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess that’s like if Diontae Johnson breaks his....he’d still be a better punt returner than Switzer.;)
    Oh and if we pick up Edelman and he gets injured...he’d still be better than Switzer as a WR too :roflmao:

upload_2020-1-7_15-10-5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey man, Higbee was looking good down the stretch this year! You flamed out bad on Miller though :lolol:

I love Conner, he and JuJu are my favorite players but you know there is no way he won't spend considerable time on the bench. Im thinking this season, Snell will get the bulk of the work with Whyte and Samuel sprinkled in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

So you are saying Snell will be our Bell cow, I love Snell and am a big fan but I am not sure he is gonna rush for 1500 yds never mind hold up for the whole season. He also missed time this year as well......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Would you be good with 1200 yards? I would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah Higbee did well and Miller was a flop, that just goes to show you I have NFL skill........lmao.

I am not convinced of it and to be honest with you I kinda feel like the Steelers like Whyte more now. I see Conner being on the field most of the time when healthy.....when.

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

All day long I sure would man and I feel he can get it. My problem is coaching, they have to put him on the field for him to get there. jmo

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I'm just saying there is no reason to believe he can do what Chubb does. I see all this talk about the offensive line, but that was arguably the weakest link for the Browns. Pittsburgh's line may have been a disappointment this season, but it isn't as bad as the one Chubb ran behind in Cleveland.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You said he could be what Antonio Brown was, so no you may want to slow your roll a little bit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You thought the Steelers were better off with Switzer returning punts, so you really have no room to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    By the way, Snell had 426 yards on 108 carries. Chubb 1494 on 298 carries. Snell would be pretty close to that on equal carries.

Addressing some inaccuracies I feel Scribe made, I never said DJ could be AB this year, just that he reminds me of him and in time may give us the same production.

I argued DJ will be a very good receiver and Scribe said he has shown nothing to believe that.

My argument for Switzer was based on him as a WR with Ben at QB.
    (Edit: My mistake, this wasn’t directed at me)

So in the future when Scribe tries to represent my position, just remember the following:

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Don't want him worked that heavily, to be quite honest. I've already spelled out our route to 1500 rushing yards split between Snell/Sam/Whyte. I've never been fond of running back by committee, but I'm warming up to the idea.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where in my post did I suggest that you said Johnson would be AB this year. I didn't. So right there, Blast Furnace is the one posting something inaccurate.

(To be fair, I think he just misread my post, but if he's going to inaccurately and unfairly write that I lied, is it really wrong of me to reply in kind?)

The Switzer comment was directed at Glory Days, not Blast Furnace.

So in the future, when Blast tries to represent my position, just remember he was 0-for-2 when he did it in this post. (Again, in fairness, I don't think he was lying. I think he did misread my posts.)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    And another misrepresentation from the peanut gallery. You know what you can do with the words you tried to put in my mouth.

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    True...he missed 3 games on 110 carries. His longevity is yet to be determined as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is absolutely accurate. You were worried about Johnson fumbling. It was your argument why Switzer still had value to this team. I'm not misrepresenting anything here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT :popcorn:

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Snell averaged 3.9 yards per carry. Chubb averaged 5.0 yards per carry. That is a huge difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m not arguing with you. I’m just pointing out Snell has to prove his durability as well if he got injured and missed 3 games before/after only 110 carries....

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I actually think he misread my post, but I did not lie. Overall, Johnson turned out to be a good pick, but I wouldn't go overboard about him just yet. The guy had 680 yards receiving and averaged 11.5 yards per catch. He has a little way to go yet.

If being "our Chubb" means being a competent feature back, that is a reasonable argument. I just don't see Snell being able to do what Chubb does because I don't think he can break off the really long runs the way Chubb can. Chubb is more explosive and faster on the field. As you said, it isn't just about 40-yard dash time. Some guys are faster when you put on the pads.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that. I was just adding on to what you posted, not countering it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You're already hijacking this thread by regurgitating your delusional "victories" from past threads, so why don't you go back and find where I said I was worried about Johnson fumbling. Not that I was big on Switzer's ball security, but that I was worried about Johnson. Go ahead. I'll wait.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You went on and on about Switzer's ball security. How is saying that is an issue not expressing concern about Johnson holding on to the ball? My apologies if my words didn't perfectly represent your argument from months ago. That said, it was absolutely a clear victory on my part. You argued when I said the Steelers shouldn't be wasting a roster spot on Switzer. Clearly, they were better off without him this season. He did nothing as a receiver and the punt return game, which was nonexistent before he got hurt, suddenly became a real threat once Johnson replaced him.

Regarding the hijacking of the thread, let's just say you did your part in that, too. If you want to go back into the Switzer debate, bring that thread back up and I will be happy to engage in that discussion and once again show you the error of your ways. It is probably best if we get this one back on the topic of Snell.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a idea for the greatest sitcom ever.....

@Formerscribe and @The Glory Days living in a apartment together. It would be called “The at Odds Couple”.

The episodes that portray the interactions between you guys watching Steeler football together would be comedy gold...
    C’mon who here wouldn’t watch that? Lol....you guys are great....but only together ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yinzer math.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3