1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals lose again...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 15, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I thought about this too and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Dalton is safe until they lose to the packers and then marv lewis will bench him to keep the unhappy fans from totally going off the rails on him....

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Patriots have better Coaching and they have a better student of the game at QB . They fix problems much more quickly than the Steelers do. NE rarely plays down to the opponent the Steelers do .

My point is we need the competitive games a lot more than the Pat's do.

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Love it! Sucks that I picked them over Houston this week. Starting out 0-1 but I can cope hahahhahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    They showed a stat during the browns game. Win your first division game and you have a 40% chance of winning division title. If you lose that game it drops down to 11%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

SMH. The Pats go 5-1 and 6-0 because they play weak ass teams, which suddenly aren't so weak ass when they play outside their division and win? The AFC North teams are really better, but they beat themselves up so much that they're weakened and lose when they play teams outside their division? Is that what you're arguing?

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The difference is, no AFC East team has been considered a Super Bowl contender other than N.E. in that time and even longer. Stats don`t lie, but they can lead to the wrong conclusion. On the other hand, Ratbirds have been contenders and have won a S.B. not many years ago. A couple years back analysts talked Bungles having a chance.

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes, pretty much. Dolphins, Bills and Jets have been pretty damn horrid.. exception being '09 & '10 for Jets who made 2 straight AFC Championship appearances... but Patriots won AFC East BOTH of those years. These teams have been unable to compete with the Patriots, unlike the Ravens and Bengals who do compete very well with the Steelers.

Again... how many AFC East division crowns do the Dolphins, Jets and Bills have over the past 10 years?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I knew the Bengals were going to be garbage this year but I fully expected them to beat the Ravens with how injured they are. Flacco couldn't even tie his own shoes on game day but the Red Squirt Gun still managed under perform him.

Without hesitation I picked the Texans to win last night even with 5 of their players not active due to concussion symptoms.

The Bengals will not win this season until they make AJ McCarron the starting QB. I'd say around week 7 when they play the Colts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Lewis siting...Dairy Queen and not for dessert a job app.

12. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

Packers 50 Bungholes 3 it's possible!!!

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Cummulative, in total, over the last 4 full seasons, the Balt Ravens habe a losing record. They have a worse record over that period than the Miami Dolphins. They have the same record as Buffalo over that period.
    But the Ravens are proven contenders, and Miami and Buffalo are sawft.

14. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Hello Dairy Queen!!!!

15. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Ray Lewis claimed on NFL Network last night that the Ravens defense is for real!! and back to its old form. Well see I guess

16. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    When you can be the school yard bully each and every year in a weak division and assured to win your division and get in the post season you just gotta beat the weaker teams on your schedule and your good. Once Brady is gone there will till be success, but their not going to be as dominant as previous years. Gonna be a sad fan base.

17. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not to mention the BCS rankings!

• Like Like x 1
  19. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Bengals are legit horrible lol

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think the Bengals will rebound big-time next Sunday, and will actually score a TD!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

A step in the right direction!!

The race for the coveted Orlando Brown now begins!!! :lolol:

22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Which is it? Do we need more competitive games? Or do we need to not play down to competition? Is playing down to your competition not the same as having more competitive games?

Strength of division has no bearing on a teams overall ability to win a championship. This is pro sports, not college. Bad teams beat better teams all the time.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Cincy Defense doesn't look terrible. I mean come on now they only gave up 20 points to Baltimore and that was with Dalton having FIVE TURNOVERS!!

They only gave up 13 to the Texans. And three points was due to Clowney returning a pick to the 25 yard line.

There offense is god awful. Dalton has been dreadful. They should put in AJ Marcaron. They should of realized they had something with him when he almost beat us in the playoffs a couple years ago.

But, as you can see with how they are ran, why they haven't won a playoff game since 1990.
    Hell even the Browns have won a playoff game since 1990, of course that was their old franchise, but still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's the thing about picking a team to win that you really hope loses. You're a winner either way, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    No matter how bad the Bengals get this year... they will beat the Steelers once. Guaranteed. :facepalm:

Steelers will play down to the Bungles and not show up. AJ Green will score 3 TDs and O-line will get Ben sacked 5 times by Geno Atkins and company.

Bears (Glennon at QB... remember that dude?), Titans and one of the Bengals games are sure losses.