1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals Defense Ranked # 4 in NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 11, 2011.

1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    BUT, they have played 6 out of the 7 worst offenses in 8 games.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Other than the Pats Steelers didn't exactly go up against the best either. I would say the Steelers pass defense stats are deceiving because of this.

Bengals have a decent defense... I would put the Bengals on par with the Texans and look how that game turned out for us.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually they have a great D .......And the style of O they run works well with that D.....Their style of play and the way they approach the game is the reason they are leading the Division......

As I stated in the score thread a pass happy approach is exactly the wrong way to play them.......The reasons are simple if you score quick then they get that Ball control O on the field and wear out your D .....If you fail to convert and control the clock they get to do the same thing......

As most NFL games are decided late in the game i expect this one to be as well.......IMO the Team with the freshest D will make the big play at the end....And the Team who has stuck to the run the most will be able to run it the best late......As stated their approach gives them a better chance to do both than we will have......

We need to change our approach or get a nice lead from the start if not it could be another long week for us fans and our Team.....

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh lord, I hope the Bengals D isnt as good as the Texans. Although, I think our OL is much improved since that Texans game, too. Should be interesting :blink:

5. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't see us running well on this team. Certainly not out of the gate.
    The pass attack used against the Titans and Pats is going to be needed. Long drives with short passes that keep the chains moving. If/when the run opens up it would be great to see them take advantage of it.
    I am anticipating a frustrating week. I hate to be pesimistic and I am not of the mindset that our season is done because of last week....really just trying to focus on this game and my gut tells me its trouble.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Steelers decide they are going to run at someone all game, they can do it. The only exception I would give is they historically can't run on the Ravens.

They sure did it against the Jets in the AFCCG though.

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The bungals are better then I thought they would be considering what happened in the off season but they should get man handled come sunday.To even mention the bungals in the same conversation with the steelers is disrespectful. :evil: :evil:

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    don't know what all the hype is, about the buttholes.. look at the garbage they've played so far..

3-5 skid marks
    4-4 garbage denver
    SF only decent team.. Lost
    Buf coming back to earth.. won by 3
    2-6 garbage jags
    0-20 garbage Indy
    2-6 garbage Super Bowl crybabies Seattle

-------------------------

Pitts only played a few descent teams too, but we have nothing to prove,( when you've been to the dance 3 of the past 6 years), the buttholes do

Cinci should be worried not us... especially after losing the way we did,, I see us coming out flying

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I bet Ben and Mendy torch that so called great D this week

10. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The offense hardly ever torches anyone, unless it's total failures like the Panthers from last season (27-3) or if they are mad as hell like against the Raiders (35-3) after getting humiliated by Brady the week before.

After that heartbreaking last-second loss, i'm really not sure what kind of team we will see on Sunday. They could come out and just crush them or they could run into a brick wall and the game will be a fight down to the last drive.