1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals are about to lose a longtime fan if they don't cut Burfict.

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by Arth Vex, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Arth Vex

Arth Vex New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I have been a Bengals fan for over two decades now. Title says it all. I was sick to my stomach after watching Brown take that hit. I seriously thought he might be paralyzed. If Burfict isn't cut after that crap I'll be finding another team to follow. I wish you guys the best, and I hope Brown makes a full and speedy recovery. You deserve a SB win after the class you showed in that game.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hi Arth,
    Agree on Burfict. After the hit on Gio (who I hope is ok), it was clear that Burfict was on a mission to harm. Actually, I think he was on a mission to harm before that, but when the commentators said that he was "going wild" on the sidelines, Lewis should have pulled him. Ironically, the injury to Ben was a (mostly) clean tackle. I think he could have avoided driving his full weight onto Ben's shoulder, but it was within the rules. That was on Ben for holding the ball, and not recognizing that nothing was there. The hit on Brown was blatantly illegal, and the league needs to come down extremely hard on him. If he's playing before November next year, it's a travesty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Also, curious what you think of McCarron's performance vs. what Dalton has done in the playoffs? We'll never know how Dalton would have done last night, but I am not sold on him as a December - January QB.

4. Arth Vex

Arth Vex New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    McCarron put on a show, but to me it looked like he was holding on to the ball way too long most of the night. I know hes new, but I was shouting at my TV more than once for him to just throw the ball already. Say what you want about Dalton, but he reacts to an O-Line breach with much more poise. (and on a side note, I really hope Andre Smith is gone after this year. I loved it when we drafted him, but he has been nothing but a disappointment year after year.)

5. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I think McCarron was a bit of a deer in the headlights early, but he made some good throws down the stretch. I'll admit, I don't know Dalton nearly as well as a Bengal fan, but I've perceived such a drop off in his play late in seasons over the years, that I actually went back to check his NFL combine measurements to see if he has smaller than average hands for an NFL QB ( he doesn't).

Believe me.... We in Pittsburgh know a thing or two about having a QB hold onto the ball a long time. Sometimes it results a a special play when the coverage breaks down. Other times, it ends badly (like Ben's injury last night).

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm sorry to hear you wasted 20 years of your life with the bagels, a team that never won a Superbowl, and i hope they never get the opportunity to do so. I've hated the organization for many years and what their players and fans demonstrated last night really took it over the edge for me. Whether the org. cuts Thug Burfict or not you're more than welcome to join Steeler Nation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arth Vex

Arth Vex New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Wouldn't get your hopes up knab, keep in mind that 20+ years involved watching the 1990's Bungles era. Dealing with Mike Brown's sorry excuse for running a football team has given me more patience than you can possibly imagine. Just came here to say that no one deserves what that lowlife scum Burfict did last night. I can live with not having a SB win, but I won't tolerate that. They either fix it fast, or they lose a longtime season ticket holder.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1