1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben would not like a coach getting in his face

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mrn6, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If and when Haley does get into Ben's face,,,Ben better man up and take the advice....It's not like Haley gets his kicks talking down to players,,he simply expects them to play the way the Team practices and to make the right choices football wise...

Haley will put Ben into a position to be better ,and he will design throws that are right now type of check downs and I am sure Haley will have the O practice these plays......At this point if Ben gets in the game and passes up a open practiced play and takes a sack or strip sack or he throws a pick then Haley has every right to get in Ben's face...

This is what Ben has been missing his whole NFL career.....As stated if he can't be coached then it's time for the Team to move on......

2. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben is a 8 year vet QB that has started all 8 years, has one of the best records in NFL history, and has won 2 superbowls. Ben knows more about football on the field than Haley does. Haley is technically Ben's boss, but Ben is really Haley's boss. If Haley throws childish fits like getting in a vet's face; he will be gone and needs to be. Ben is humble and he knows when he does wrong.

I foresee no issues, just wins.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't even know where to begin with this. How about Tomlin? Is Ben Tomlin's boss too? You can't just give veterans free passes to do whatever they want. There is a chain of command and it needs to be followed. If Ben is acting like a moron, he needs to be called on it. If he's not, then he won't be. Don't act like Ben is never a moron.

I'm not saying a screaming match is what's needed, but going in with the attitude that Ben is the boss is just stupid.

4. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben admits when he screws up. Getting in a veteran's face is unnecessary and childish; he is a grown man. Live on the sidelines during the game is even worse. Not everything is planned, and Ben has to play with instinct. Ben will and does make mistakes and admits them. Ben has earned to be talked to with respect on the football field.

Ben is not the boss, but he has earned his spot. Getting is his face on the sideline Haley's first year is occupational suicide for Haley; that is a fact. Ben will be given a gameplan and he will follow it, but when it comes to instinctive plays Ben will be Ben and that is ok with me. It will be good for the team and Ben that the gameplan will not revolve around Ben with Haley.

I foresee Ben and Haley doing well.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So rookies and 2nd year players are not grown men? Haley getting in veteran Anquan Boldin's face suicided him straight into a promotion. The notion that Ben deserves to be treated above others because he's a veteran is ridiculous. I'm not saying Haley should yell at him, but if there's a two-time Super Bowl winning QB out there that has NOT earned the right to call all his own shots, it's Ben Roethlisberger. The man doesn't even know how to call a timeout. Keep in mind, Ben and BA supposedly were joined at the him in terms of where they wanted the offense to go. That means that Tomlin and the FO fired Ben's direction, Ben's ways. They don't want him above the rest.