1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben vs. Winston on trouble meter

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Before us Steeler fans should point the dirty end of the stick at Winston, let's not forget Ben had his dark period of allegations as well. But, is it just me, or does it feel like Winston isn't learning anything?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782811-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-do-you-trust-jameis-winston

If the allegations are indeed true (and he grabbed the female Uber driver in the crotch area without ever being invited to do so) you got to wonder how this kid thinks. I don't know about you, but I have never even thought about doing such an act, even if I was hammered. Grabbing a female's body, unless it's clear it's welcome, is something no one should ever do.

I thought the kid was going to be a good one. I thought he was a natural leader and had throws like Marino. But I've lost confidence in him. And having watched last year's "Hard Knocks" he is way too full of himself. I think when Ben went through his trials and tribulations, he learned from them. I recall him being on camera saying "When I almost died from the motorcycle accident it was God's way of saying, 'Hold on here, you need to learn something.'"

Do you think Winston can learn, as Ben did, and straighten up his act? Maybe. But it better start immediately. He is going on his 4th year and he better start looking like the first overall pick and stop acting the fool. Like Ben, not any one allegation seems so daunting on its own accord, but when you add everything up, it's not a good look.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I honestly don’t care what Winston is doing.

3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The difference between him and Ben is that he did some crazy stuff at Florida State the whole time he was there. Also got away with lot of stuff at that school that a normal student would of been in jail and kicked out of school.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hate these kind of stories, because I never know what I should think or believe. If he did it he deserves to pay, but did it happen that way or did nothing happen at all? You always get conflicting reports by both sides. Only the people who were there know the truth. Ray Rice was the first time and maybe only time something was caught on camera, where I can make a definitive judgement.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No.

Reason being? Ben had a large contingent of leadership in the lockeroom when he did go through his immense "God Complex" phase during his first two to three years in the league. Jamies does not have such a luxury to fall back on.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafted him to be more than just the proverbial "Franchise Quarterback". They believed he could become something more off the field.

Well.... turns out that has not been the case. That being said, I believe that Jamies may see himself out of the league or ostracized by thr general populus of the NFL all together as Ben unfairly is now; accomplishments succeeding this incident being irrelevant.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    My gut tells me Winston is a bad apple. He does need some guidance that Ben seemed to acquire.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The bucs made a big mistake in drafting winston, FSU covered for his misdeeds while he was there and a lot of nfl teams had a red flag on him in the draft, he has a character flaw that is unfixable and the bucs should release him when his contract is finished, he will be suspended for 3 games thats a given, he failed to report the incident as required by the rules of conduct:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/21/16696968/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-suspension-uber

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

They should release him .... under the pre-conceived notion that Tampa Bay elects to tank the season.

Unlike the 2018 Quarterbacking Class, the 2019 class is not looking to well at the moment. Outside of Drew Lock, Justin Herbert and Jason Stidham, not too many options to consider.

Be that as it may, blame Jason Licht. He is responsible for drafting Winston in believing he could be a culture changer due to his charismatic nature and "leadership capabilities".

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The man really needs to grow up and FAST or his time in the league maybe a short one.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And now he admits he did commit sexual assault on the uber driver, so only the 3 game suspension seems pretty light since he lied about it:

The suspension was reported to have been coming and is to no one’s surprise. There will be no appeal, Sports Illustrated reported, as the three games already had been bargained down.

Previously, Winston had denied the allegations. In a statement Thursday, he did not, instead apologizing to the driver and saying he no longer drinks alcohol.