1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben talks about how his hip injury affected his mechanics

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Oct 27, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So you're blaming all 8 sacks on Ben? Or is the rebuilt OL with two rookies at fault for some of them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Well, I’ll blame them partially on him. QB play that encourages the defense to all play within 5 yards of the LOS means more pass rush pressure, less predictability as to who’s coming and whom to block, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It takes a village

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People correctly pointed out that defensive injuries played a huge role in those games. I know that doesn't fit your chosen narrative, but for a team that was built to rely on its defense, those injuries were devastating.

By the way, the Raiders got the ball in Pittsburgh territory once, and that was at the 39. Their touchdown drives were 82 and 75 yards. I guess those two drives were the fault of the offense, too.

Roethlisberger was definitely part of the problem in the three losses, but to question the impact of the injuries on defense is just foolish.

5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    This, plus Ben is holding the ball too long on most sacks, still convinced he's 25.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Time for #7 to get on with his life's work.Steelers
    have paid him handsomely to the tune of 1/4 BILLION dollars
    over his career.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    But, that’s before taxes

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben has really been beat up in his career. I wonder if they had a better OL in his earlier years (or he didn't stop a car with his face) how much better he would be now.

9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    What exactly was he supposed to come back for if not $ or fame as you claim? Isn't that what every player is doing?

While I think it's funny that you think you know what type of person Ben is or what is going through his head...I also think you missed an obvious reason he's still playing. He loves playing the game. He doesn't need $ and he's already as famous as he will ever be. He's a lock for the HOF and probably sitting on $100M+. He loves competing...he's a fierce competitor and that has always been what separates Ben from many QB's. He was never fast , we was never incredibly accurate, or quick. Early in his career he sacrificed his body and fought to win every play like his life depended on it. That's why he has won SB's, that's why he's a HOF'er. Dude is a gamer. Now you want him to go away?

I don't think he has an injury so severe his career is over. Sure he's been playing hurt but when healthy he's better than most. He's also taking heat for the play of others. The O-line, WR's, and playcalling has been atrocious. Penalties, dropped balls, bad routes, rookie RB behind a bad line. Add that to him not playing like he used to = poor results. Not that complicated. He looks better of late and the results have shown up. The o-line still stunk last game and we won. Claypool had a terrible game and we still won. The defense could not stop the run and we still won. There is progress.

I personally question his preparation to start every season ... and that is on Ben and the coaching staff. Seems like this has been a theme for a while now. Ben has looked rough and out of synch with his WRs to start most seasons. Early in his career he was preparing to get better. Now he's just trying to keep fresh. Seems like this is what separates Brady from most other old HOF Qb's. His preparation is 2nd to none. Ben's prep seems non existent.

• Winner Winner x 1