1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben still loves himself some BA

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VA_Black&Gold, Jan 10, 2013.

1. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just read this earlier today. Funny how they talked all season long. Would have loved to hear some of the conversations they had lol. Im sure they didnt talk about Haley at all (in my sarcastic voice)

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With so many injuries, it is difficult to know if Haley was the problem or not. Certainly the offense wasn't pretty at the end of the season, when it should have been at its best. Ben was friends with BA, this article doesn't surprise me.

4. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You know, IMO I think this team suffers to many injuries to early in the season. I blame that on two things: Conditioning coach and the player for not following the program the coach has laid out. You can't foresee a hit in the knee but to have a pulled hamstring or cramps is not right. Maybe they are not hydrated enough.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is surprising? Do you guys not talk to your friends?

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why wouldn't he endorse him?:cool:

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Another non-issue.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Once again when the OC lets you do your own thing,
    aren't you going to be pals with the guy? Under BA
    did you ever notice Ben R GETTING BETTER? IMPROVING?
    People he is playing on athletic ability alone, he could
    be so much more, but I have come to the conclusion
    he does not want to change and so we will continue to see
    the BONE HEADED PLAYS WE SHOULD NOT SEE AT THIS POINT
    IN HIS CAREER.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Kind of like that bone headed INT he threw last night against the Ravens in Steelers territory giving them an easy shot at the GW FG in overtime. Oh, wait...

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There you go, even the best of them can make BONEHEADED PLAYS. Is this BA in disguise?

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Um, ah, um...that's kinda sorta my point.

12. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    BA, sure handled a rookie QB this year pretty good. He has now coached, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Luck.
    Do you think Luck would not have improved if BA remained there? Or would it be all due to Luck himself, but if it was something bad, then it was BA's fault? How many times has people said "Ben will be Ben", you got to take the bad with the good. And I would say 3 SB appearances and two wins is pretty damn good. I would rather have a happy Ben with BA, than the Ben we see under Haley, and will continue to see. And it's just not Ben who miss BA. This has been my reasoning since the BA hate club started and Haley was hired. Happy employees equal better production.

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't know i already saw a season similar to this one with ba too so i will waiting to judge what will happen with haley , now he has a better mind oc we will seee if ben will take advantage of that

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It'll be funny to watch Indy have the same success without BA, it'll tell everyone that Luck made BA look good , then again it'll be Lucks sophomore year he may drop like that clown qb in Carolina

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    clown in carolina?

the one ranked 15th this season even though he loss his top 2 linemen all season top runningback he didn't have a bad soph year
    helped me win money in my fantasy league too

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I wonder if Ben has called his Bromance about a possible trade so he can play for him now that he is the cards head coach, Arians has already said he will be calling the plays on offense this year since he has never seen anyone who can do it better: Now thats either confidence or a whole lot of ego.....

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not as simple as Ben just talking to his friend BA. Put yourself in Haley's shoes. Ben makes it absolutely clear that he LOVES BA and implies that no other OC will ever measure up, mostly because BA let Ben run the show. Then Ben goes all passive-aggressive and starts talking about how Haley's dink and dunk offense is too conservative, how he calls audibles and uses hand signals from his buddy BA's playbook, and even has the audacity to imply that Haley was to blame for his boneheaded interceptions. All the while Ben is talking to his buddy BA on a weekly basis about what a bonehead Haley is. I can imagine what he was saying to BA if he was making those unflattering remarks to the media about Haley.

I've managed and supervised people my entire career, and if I had an employee like Ben who had a habit of subtly criticizing my decision-making, all the while talking to the old boss on a weekly basis, I'd be a little uncomfortable with that. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :shrug:

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    great post!!

19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    you think finishing 15th is good? lol I'd say the top 8 gets my respect.

I call him a clown cus this ego maniac has a problem admitting to his mistakes, he refers to himself in the 3rd person. They had to train the idiot to live up to the mistakes that cost the team some wins.

I'm not the only one who thinks this way about him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...efer-to-themselves-in-the-third-person/page/3

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow! Yeah, I think it's the later Jack :hmmm:

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Seriously, TE?! This wouldn't bother you in the least if you were Haley? You're telling me that you believe that all of the comments Ben made about Haley and his "dink and dunk" offense and his comments about using BA's playbook were all just innocent little comments and weren't designed to send any kind of message (your PLAYCALLING sucks, Haley) to Todd Haley at all. I may be paranoid but that seems a little naive to me.

Oh man, gotta go!! THE ALIENS ARE BACK!!!

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Since when did dink and dunk become an insult? Is it insulting when Brady refers to it that way or when analysts talk about the Pats offense that way? And the hand signals they ended up adding in, it was so minor an incident it was ridiculous. And he never blamed Haley for his interceptions, don't know where that one came from. But the part I really was going wow about is who the hell is Todd Haley to get offended if Ben is talking to his friend? The highlighted part is total paranoia and even if true, tough ****, grow some thicker skin or more to the point, apply his own words to himself in your tag line.

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011

You know as well as I do that Ben did not mean dink and dunk as a compliment, don't you? Do you really believe that Ben was not trying to send a subtle message to Haley that the offense was too conservative when he used that terminology? Were Ben's comments about reverting back to BA's offensive terminology just innocent comments in light of the fact that he had referred to Haley's terminology as "Rosetta Stone" earlier or was something else intended? You're right, Ben didn't directly blame Haley for his stupid interceptions. I guess what I was referring to, and the attached article mentions it, is that Ben's comments when asked why they didn't throw the ball more to Heath in the second half of the Cowboys game was a curt, "don't look at me, ask him" response. I just thought that looked like Ben was trying to deflect the blame from himself to Haley. Haley didn't throw the boneheaded interception. I'm sure that on many of the plays that Haley called in the second half had a Heath option but throwing to the TE is just not as much fun as slinging it to the little fast guys 40 yards downfield.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Ben can be an obnoxious jerk. There is too much evidence out there to support that, TE. Ben has always been used to getting his way and he didn't like the fact that Haley was reining him in a little. Based on past history, I just believe that Ben knew exactly what he was saying when he made those questionable remarks. He even found it necessary to apologize for them later.

Look, I'm not saying Ben's not a very good QB but I think he has the capacity to be a GREAT QB under Haley. If Ben will devote more time to game prep and film study and become more intellectual in his approach to the game then he'll be able to win a couple more Super Bowls. I really believe that Haley is the perfect OC for Ben at this point in his career if Ben's not too stubborn to accept that. He will help to prolong Ben's career if Ben will allow him. We saw that the first half of the season and then Ben started pining for the old days with BA again and started playing undisciplined, sandlot football. BA was okay for Ben early in his career when his physicality could dominate a game, but those days are quickly passing and Ben needs to learn how to use his brain more effectively. I think he's smart enough, but I also think he's a little on the lazy side.

I hope that Haley and Ben come to terms with the fact that they need each other to be successful. If they do, more Lombardis are on the way for the B&G!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ley-not-offended-by-big-bens-recent-criticism

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    maybe ben thinks the dink and dunk is a bad offense since he don't like it or even worse since he is not able to use it