1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben still bad?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 16, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I know a lot of senior citizens were complaining about the camera view tonight but at least you got to see how great Ben really is. Dropping dimes left and right. He's been doing that all season btw.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    the camera really shows off some stuff like the timing pass to Bryant
    but man is it terrible for the kickoffs

at least some people got their wish and saw Ben pulled for a backup

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Lmaoooo senior citizens

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I liked the camera view.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    maybe my TV wasn't on the right setting because I hated not seeing the guy on the sideline Ben is throwing to or how the defense lined up against him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I liked it for a change of pace. I don't think I would full time

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Senior citizens? The only camera angle that was worse in a game was the "Heidi game." Anyone old enough on here will know what I mean. Actually, I liked the angle on pass plays but, not on runs.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, he really hasn't. This is not the Roethlisberger we saw except in short bursts the first nine weeks of the season. We especially didn't see him making plays by improvising when things break down. The criticism of Roethlisberger's play before tonight was clearly warranted. This is the level of play they need from him, but you're kidding yourself if you really think he was this good the first nine weeks. He wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Would be cool if they had different camera views and as a viewer you can switch between each. I would pay for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was great tonight.

Hopefully he can keep doing this the rest of the year because he sure as heck wasnt before tonight.

They should be running the no huddle a lot, Ben just clicks with it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I could see how the defense was lining up fine. The other angle is outdated. It's good for false starts and encroachments, I don't know anybody who watches football for that. Being able to see the WR run their route and QB throwing it. Running, being able to see the defense in their gaps and what the RB is facing. Love to see this angle when Bell actually gets a lot of touches and goes off.

Like I've been saying Bens arm and ball placement has been fine all season. It's been bad play calling, drops, miscommunication, great defense, etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I like being able to see where the receiver is as the pass is on the way.

For example, on the 1st one to AB it was pretty obvious he was going to catch it as soon as Ben threw it. On the traditional view you have no idea who is on the other end of a long pass until the ball is almost there

It's much more like watching the game in person in that sense

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's been shifty but decent here and there... Game ball Ben 2 weeks in a row keep em coming

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben played a great game tonight. What the offense and team needs going forward is more consistent play from Ben. The team will have a chance to win it all if Ben can play with more consistency.

15. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Great win and its about F'n time. This is the best game Ben has played in a long time. I don't know what was more impressive, Ben's four TD's or the defense with four interceptions.
    Guess what you didn't see last night? No F'n bubble screen or reverses. No huddle starting out was great. This is the way this offense should play.
    Only negative last night was still a lot of missed tackles.
    10 days of peace now!

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, Ben played very well in the second half. I don’t think anyone here was comfortable with any part of how this team was playing in the first half. And part of the first half problem included Ben. One half doesn’t make a season. But it was an excellent second half and encouraging for the remainder of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Easy on the senior comments there whipper snapper.

I saw how great Ben “really can be”.

He’s occasionally been doing that all season. He has also occasionally been awful. The first half of yesterday was even pretty mediocre. Second half very good.

Let’s see which Ben shows up next week before we decide the world is great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If I was a Titans fan and had to watch the Jesse James TD (when they faked to Bell) from that view though... I would be in abject despair. Lol.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Well I must a be senior Glenn because I hated it. It was difficult to see progressions from behind. At least for me.. Time for some Geritol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yeah that's bs. Was he dropping dimes last week when he was below 50% for 60 yards and an int in the first half? H finally put together a decent game, not great decent. Remember there was a stretch there where we went 3 and out on 3 straight drives and the 4th drive was 5 plays due to penalty.

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought it offered a much better view for anything up the middle of the field. You could really see who was being targeted and where the defenders were in relation. For anything thrown to the sideline, it looked like the ball was always going to sail about 40 yards out of bounds, just due to the camera angle. Every time Ben threw it to the outside while that camera angle was up, I thought it was going way out of bounds. The running plays were great from that angle though, you could really see the holes, or lack thereof.

There's pros and cons to every camera angle. Part of it is what we're used to as well. Change isn't always pleasant at first

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I am a senior citizen and I love that angle. Really shows just how hard it is to complete a pass. Really shows how fast the game moves.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    whatever happened to watching the plays on replay with that angle..its cool for a play or two, but when i go to the games I do not want to sit in the endzone. 50 yard line is where its at

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I only liked the new camera angle for the runs....the passing sucked cuz the play was becoming too far away you couldn't watch the battles for the ball.

As for Ben it was nice of him to finally figure out what cheats have been doing to DL's d for 10 plus years.. only took til the last 5 mins of the 3rd quarter..to throw shorter passes Instead of going deep into double coverage. He was playing into DL by trying to go deep. We've been watching this for 16 years when DL was here

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol: