1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Roethlisberger reaches 25,000-yard mark

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Nov 8, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers Digest reporting on twitter :

Ben Roethlisberger reached 25,000-yard passing mark in 3,109 passes, the second-fastest in NFL history, to Kurt Warner, who did it in 3,076 :towel:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, really? Good for Ben. I''m patiently waiting for him to have 'most SB wins' under his belt. :towel:

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    can you say futer HOFer....It is shore looking like it

4. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :amen: :this!:

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If he continue to practice with wallace and brown then he would get his next 25k even faster.

6. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    thats actually pretty amazing.

i know they are a pass first team now, but they havent always been since hes been there.

the only way he will ever get the credit he deserves is if he wins atleast 2 more rings and is a MVP in atleast one of those games if not both.

i still think he should of gotten the MVP against Arizona and probably any other qb would have, but thats water under the bridge.

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Completely agree! :flag:

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    A big reason he was number 2 was because over his career he has been a very efficient passer, usually leadingin Yards per attempt. These last few weeks with 35+, 45+, 50+ attempts his YPA has gone down.

I'm a big fan of Ben. I always hoped for the best during his troubled allegations. There is no other player on this team that if they aren't there, the Steelers don't make it to 3 superbowls since '05. Cowher's teams in the '90s were good, they needed a franchise QB to put them over the top. Furthermore, a franchise QB doesn't always equal Superbowl success (see Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, etc), but it is very rare that a team wins without a franchise QB. Just look at the last several QB winners: Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brady, Johnson (while not a franchise QB, he was a crafty veteran), Warner, Elway, Favre, Young, Aikman. That list goes pretty far back with very recognizeable names. The one ommission was Dilfer, he sucks. But even he was a first rounder.

I'm a big fan of Troy, Hines, Keisel, Miller, Hampton, etc. Truth is, except for maybe Troy, the Steelers have the same results over last 7 years without any one of those particular players. Yes it is a team effort, but Ben put the B&G over the top.

9. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Nice. Experts still don't put him in a class of Elite QB's. HOW?????????