1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben retiring?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 24, 2017.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It was embarrassing. But the first thing that Ben needs to do is find out where Brady gets his competitive fire and try to get some himself. Brady is a stone cold killer on the field. I really don't believe Ben has the same killer instinct that Brady has. He's got loads of talent but seems to lose focus at times during the game. Brady always seems to be a man on a mission and laser focused from start to finish. He carries out the game plan with a fatal methodology. That and Ben has a man crush on him which doesn't help when playing against him!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, Ben could do that. Good thought.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What changes can they make to get Ben a ring?

Only thing I can think of is high priced free agent Pass Rusher, DB of some kind, and another TE maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If you have been following the Steelers for a long time, you know exactly how an "ultimatum" will go over. It's another word for resignation.

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ben and Landry are close ...
    Maybe this is a subtle way of "encouraging" the FO the resign Landry

Hmmmm

Cajun

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has all the measurables, BIG QUESTIONS CAN HE READ DEFENSES QUICKLY. IS HE ACCURATE? These are just some of the characteristics I would be looking for and Steeler scouts should be looking for. Also very big, CAN HE MAKE ALL THE THROWS?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    The pieces are in place for Ben to succeed but stupid stuff keeps getting in their way. Bryant being out this year was a huge blow IMO and it was made worse by the injuries that forced unproven WR into the spot light. When it was clear Bryant was going to be lost the whole season I really felt the Steelers should have signed Wallace. Yes he's a one trick pony, but that was a trick we desperately needed this year. The D is going to be better next year, and that will help the offense a lot.
    Bottom line, weapons and play calling need to be better. Bell and Brown just aren't enough, they need a #2. Can Bryant come back in the same form he was after missing a season?

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yeah, copy 2005, 2008 and 2011 by having one of the top defenses in the NFL

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not in any shape or fashion would I draft Kizer with a 1 pick, he had an awful season, he was benched for playing poorly and his team only had 4 wins because of his poor playing, this is a poor QB class from top to bottom, USA today printed an article today on how poorly this QB class stacks up with most of them never playing in a pro set offense as well as their top prospect mitch trubisky only has 13 starts and Watson is far from pro ready with his accuracy in question as is his durability given his body type, all in all not a good year to be looking for a franchise QB when they all are long term projects who are more back up types than they are starting material.........

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I would agree with this since Tomlin is not surprised and indicated that he's had these discussions with Ben before. I'm still concerned about some of the cues Ben has thrown to the media.

11. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He has been. I'm waiting for him to find his "lost sheep"... if he can. :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agree, he ain't walking away from all that money. 2 years left for #7 put a fork in him, he is done.