1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben regrets...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RPO IZSB, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I don't think the team is divided in any way.. I just think the whole thing is an unnecessary distraction. The smart play was to go out there, stand, and lock arms... Like the Bears did. Apparently that idea was scrapped immediately, leading us to this stupid bungled mess of a display. Even if AV truly didn't intend to go out there and stand by his lonesome, he at least cared enough about the National Anthem ceremony to want to be in front to witness it, as a non-captain. No other player made that request.

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What don't you understand about it wasn't Tomlins decision? It was a TEAM decision. I thought if anybody would understand that it would be AV.

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    People will never understand the connection us Military people have to our Flag, National Anthem, and traditions it's like a love affair for lack of a better example. It's unique:flag:take from a guy who has had many opportunities ceremoniously with our Flag I have alot of fond memories its really unexplainable.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

This is exactly what I mean. In the military we defended those who couldn't defend themselves. Now, I guess I'll love this country for those that don't!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    A lot of you who are former servicemen or women are talking about solidarity and having your brothers back. There was even one who stated if given the option of kneeling or not taking part or being fired, that they would say fire me because I stand with my brother in arms AV. If you were in AV's place would you want that? Yes the talk of solidarity and the offer are great but would you want someone to sacrifice the security and we'll being of their family to stand with them under those circumstances. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think AV would want a fellow service member to fall on their sword for him. He would thank for your support, tell you he served so that you have the freedom to not have to make such a choice and that you should do what is right for you. I don't know maybe I am wrong but if this was my grandfather who served by the way and I told him I was going to get fired for standing with him, he'd call me an idiot and to take care of my family and not worry about such things. We are a strange family though what do I know.