1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN OUT COVID

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jrompola, Nov 13, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Haskin's is active today as is Banner wonder if Tomlin will have his hook dug out of mothballs for this game

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I should have posted that in green font too, since I was being kind of tongue in cheek.

But it wouldn't be the first time they got caught fudging the injury report (or any team for that matter).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Who is rooting against Ben? You say you want Ben in there winning. What if there was someone else that could be better than Ben but wasn't not playing because Ben is? Still want Ben in there? Not me. I am for whomever is the best QB to be on the field. We all should know Ben is not the Ben of old. IF MR can demonstrate he is who needs to be playing, then great, he needs to be in there. Not Ben. That doesn't mean I am against anyone. Plus, when did I say anything resembling "cut Ben down" with playing w/o WRs? Ben, I would hope, is more experienced playing when missing WRs vs MR not being experienced playing at all. There is a difference, fair enough? Your being defensive when there isn't anything to get defensive about.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s not easy keeping it to yourself, we all feel strongly about our POV on the subject. We’ve discussed a political forum, what’s the point though, we don’t even sway each other over sports stuff, no one will ever budge on politics. Every thread will turn into a flame war.

I appreciate you refraining, though, thank you. .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hear Reddit has several.

Time and place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Maybe its just me, but I think a player prepares differently knowing he is starting a game vs wearing a ball cap and holding a clipboard like the previous 8 games. Maybe? I've been known to want MR to get in and play more over the past to satisfy my curiosity of whether he is or isn't a potential starter here or somewhere. Once this curiosity is satisfied, I'll either be posting to have him be the starter, kept to remain a back up, or cut. My main thought is whoever helps us win, is the one who should be in. I have no agenda's. favorites, or loyalty to old QB's or anyone else. This is a business based on winning and things will eventually have to change. Maybe it's now, maybe not. That's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I admit that this was the first thing I thought when I heard the news

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Rudolph throws for 3 TDs and 350 yards.... I'm sure there will be some here that will sweep it under the rug because it's the Lions. :rolleyes:

If Rudolph puts up good numbers today, he should start vs. Chargers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, they are Stained, and it shows.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Curious how you decide what's political? Wondering why my post got deleted saying everyone I know had the vaccine with no issues BUT someone else saying they know 1 person that had a bad experience is OK?

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I thought I was going to have to watch the game with a Brown fan but his team is on same time as we are so I have to find another source.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I sent you a message along with the deletion explaining that. I said there was nothing wrong with your post per say, just trying to keep the thread from spiraling out of control.

In the future, please send a PM.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Really? You went and posted it again? I can delete all day.

I asked nicely and gave an explanation, knock it off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I posted before I saw your PM. Not sure how I can reply to PM. Don't see the link. But I'll again point to your double standard of leaving others posts up while selectively deleting others. Just want an explanation what the rules are since both clearly break your rules but only 1 gets deleted.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well the Lions are the worst pass defense in the league. Would it change anyone's Minds if Ben had done the same....No...they would say what You are saying people will say about Mason....they would say....Well the Lions are the worst Passing D in the league what did You expect. Hell they've said that With every game we've won...they find excuses. With that said ....I hope Mason throws for 7 tds, no picks 500 yards, and most importantly.....A Win.:thumbs_up:

17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    My condolences to anyone who's had loved one's negatively impacted by anything whether its a shot or COVID, or the regular flu, whatever. God's speed to you.

On a separate note, a vax that needs to be developed is an antiassholeitis vaccine for Cleveland and Dallas fans. I sure it would do wonders. JK

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes but your post was deleted for a reason and you posted it again. Clearly it was removed for a reason.

Up at the top right corner is an Inbox. Can send private messages (PM) that way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Well, this is an opportunity for Mason to show what he’s got. If he is able to step up, his stock will rise dramatically.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You’re not including Patriots fans? I’m guessing you’ve not spent much time in New England. Virulent assholeitis is strong in Pats fans up here.

21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    You have to consider the audience.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Just be happy that you get to wear your Rudolph jersey today.

I'll be cheering for the kid but I'm not holding my breath on him lighting it up, and yes, it is the Lions.

23. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We’ve been pretty lucky so far and sooner or later the virus would affect us. Timing is good and we should be able to take care of business against the Lions

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Kind of ironic since Covid has been politicized everywhere and in every which way since March 2020.

My opinion on the subject will be just to bite my lip from here on out.

I'd rather spend my energy watching the Steelers win today and forever more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you and yes, Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 1