1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN OUT COVID

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jrompola, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    mason r.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh no we suck

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Is it me or does anyone else get the sense that some on here would rather us lose this game than for MR to have a good game and get the win?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    What's this about Ben getting an STD?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    We know Roethlisberger will miss this week’s game but based on the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols, Roethlisberger could be back in Week 11 to take on the Los Angeles Chargers. Here is how the protocols work for a vaccinated player:

• If Roethlisberger is asymptomatic he needs 2 negative tests 24 hours apart.
    • If Roethlisberger is symptomatic those 2 negative tests 24 hours apart have to come after being symptom-free for 48 hours.
    • If Roethlisberger continues to test positive, he can still return after 10 days, which sounds kind of crazy because it is.
    For a vaccinated player to test positive, Roethlisberger would have almost certainly had to be showing some symptoms which would prompt the test. With Roethlisberger out, Mason Rudolph will get his 10th career start.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let’s rock

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    As long as Rudolph doesn’t turn the ball over and hand the Lions points with interceptions or fumbles or whatever the Steelers should be fine. The Lions defense stinks and gives up more yards per pass then any team in football, and we know Rudolph likes to throw the ball deep and actually can throw the ball deep. So give Najee the ball a lot tomorrow, and don’t make any critical turnovers and rely on the defense as well to beat a bad Lions offense and this should be a game the Steelers should still win.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Are we sure he didn’t infect teammates at practice Friday?

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Can we borrow Kenny Pickett just this once?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Um Rudolph practices with the team more than Ben does. Do You think those Ben No practice day, or Limited practice days No Qb practices with the team???
    This is not meant 2 sound snarky My Friend. I'm just trying 2 make a point.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. They would get in so much trouble league wide...they know who is or isn't testing positive. Hell He has 2 wear a freaking tracking device.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is where the Ben hate gets me. You actually root against one of our players. See I can't do that. I Want Ben in there Winning, but I Hope Mason tears it Up tomorrow. I can't, and won't root against a Steeler player. As far as Mason not having certain Wrs...Well So Your saying it OK 2 cut Ben down while playing without them, but it's not fair for Mason????What???
    Also Who do You think takes all the Qb reps when Ben has his Vets days off, and Limited Practice that everyone complains about???
    Go Mason. Make us Not have 2 waste a pick on a Qb this Draft.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly think this is the best time for this to happen, yes I would much rather have Ben under center, but I feel it’s the right opponent for this to happen against and at home.

Mason might do very well, think about it. Lions have had almost 2 weeks to prepare for this game, however they have prepared for it to be against Ben.

I seriously think it will not be a close game and no not because Mason is better, but because of the situation. Because of the fire under these players this year of wanting to win. I think all the players will be more up to winning this game now, because they know the remaining schedule after this game.

Look forward to the See I told you Mason should have been the QB this season cause Ben is done….lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I’m excited to see what Mason will do. He has a chance to win himself a starting job in 2022.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m too lazy to check, but what is NFL testing routine after testing positive? How many more tests do they run to confirm? {because false positives are common)

Just wondering how careful they are to confirm.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw Rollers post.

• Like Like x 1
  16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    If Mason has to start, at least it's against Detroit

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    My prediction:

Steelers 35
    Lions 10

18. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Excellent point. You must have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

How

• Like Like x 1
  19. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    How many times have we knocked an opposing team's QB out of a game only to see the backup tear through our defense? Our defense gameplans for the starter and struggles against the backup they didn't plan on facing. Likewise the Lions gameplanned against Ben and are suddenly facing not only a different QB, but one they have very little tape on.

Another factor to consider is that this game has lost its "trap game" status. Any complacency on our part is now gone. I'm not suggesting Rudolph is the better player but for this week we might have a better chance of winning with him than Ben.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    The short answer would be no, but the NFL does have a fairly aggressive and detailed contact tracing regimen.

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-inside-the-nfl-s-covid-19-contact-tracing-system

• Informative Informative x 2
  21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I like your logic. Suddenly this isn't a game they "should" win. Therefore, maybe the team doesn't play down to the other teams level.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You have to wonder how Mason was able to infect Ben

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree 100%

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think anyone here roots for Ben to fail, well, except maybe Hienzmustard :lolol:

I think all Hog was saying was that he hopes Mason plays great so he can start the rest of the year. Which won’t happen, he could throw for 500 yards and 10 TD’s and Ben won’t lose his job.

Just because a lot of us feel Ben is washed up, doesn’t mean we want him to play bad on Sundays. Thats a pretty crazy assumption and why I think some of you take it personally when we criticize Ben.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Add Anthony Macfarland and run the wishbone!

• Like Like x 1