1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben on Hines and lobbying for Jerricho's return

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheWanderer, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    don't know if this was posted or not . . .

Ben Roethlisberger remembers stepping into the huddle in his first year as a starting NFL quarterback.

"He was Hines Ward, one of the best receivers in the game. I got a chance to be in the huddle with him and Jerome Bettis. He made me better. It didn't matter if I threw a good ball or a bad ball, 99 percent of the time he'd catch it, whether it was with one hand, off a helmet, or off a defender. He made me a much better quarterback and player," Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger called Ward Wednesday night to thank him, and left a message on Ward's voicemail. He said that Ward will always be a Steeler no matter what happens in 2012.

Oh, and by the way: Roethlisberger has some very specific ideas on what the Steelers receiver group should look like.

"Without Hines, I think you have to do everything you can to sign Jerricho back. He's not only a veteran leader in that room but a really good player. I'd love to see him come back because he's a really good receiver and I like what he brings to the team," Roethsliberger said.

Big Ben also noted the uncertainty of Mike Wallace, saying he hopes to have him and Cotchery back.

"All we have is Antonio and Emmanuel, technically only two. But if it's those four, I'll take that every day in the week."

He also said, "People who think we should bring Limas Sweed back are dumb-dumb heads. Sweed sucks."

(note: i took some liberty with the final sentence.)

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    he is right we need both wallace and cothery back next year

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

:roflmao: :cool:

4. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ward glanced at his phone, noticed it was #7, and was like eff that dude he can leave a message.