1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben not nearly as bad as some are saying

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You can replace this version of Ben much easier than the earlier version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's about how many points the D has kept the other teams down to, while our OF is chugging along, other than the chi and jax game, the D has kept the other teams under 20 points per game. ( most in the mid teens) Stafford put up monster numbers and all they got were FG's. The D is keeping this team alive until the OF wakes up. ( if it wakes up)

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Put to rest as in the big play .

4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Have you been watching these games with over 50% of the Qbs far worse than this version of Ben? The Bret Huntley's and Matt Moore's of the world are far worse.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think they are if you could compare them fairly . You have to look at each QB and their situation and speculate their play in that situation . If a team has poor OL play and a poor running game then most if not all QB'S would fail.

Wilson, Watson, Cam and those types of super mobile QB'S can still produce with poor OL play and a poor running game .

Ask yourself this how bad would Ben be this season in GB ? I can tell you more than likely he would be out for the season and the games he did play he would have been the most sacked QB in the NFL and he would have lead the NFL in picks as well .

Ben has everything he needs on this Team and is playing just above average and even below average in the Red Zone .

6. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    And this is new?

7. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Can we put you to rest, you respond to every post about Ben lol - we get it lol you don't like him, move on with your agenda lol.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

You have been here 11 days and already figured that out ? lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    lol

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    When? With whom? Nobody on the roster and nobody available could magically come in starting tomorrow and save a 6-2 season. SAVE a 6-2 season. Come on... If this season is toast because Ben is Done then the seasons done, nobody available can realistically replace him without making everything WORSE. I don't think he's tanked yet. However, it don't matter what I think because he's all we got got at that spot that gives us a shot and yeah, he's still a pretty damn good QB. 6-2 half way thru a season is pretty nice. We'll see how the rest plays out. Both sides of the ball need each other at this point. The D can't be counted on to save the day... YET. The O can't be counted on to out shoot the opponent by a wide margin yet. Key word is yet still a lot of ball to get things sorted. This season is bought and paid for good or bad... Only way he's getting replaced is injury or retirement

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Could not have said it better myself!!!Ben is the only option as of right now

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I have been as big of a critic about Ben as anybody but this statement is crazy. Yeah Ben has been off and a shell of what we have come to expect from him. However even with his physical skills not what they were how do you replace his experience, his ability to lead this team? You can't, I have thought for awhile put Dobbs in he can hit an open guy but it is not as easy to just put Dobbs in. It is easy to say that when your on the couch or behind the keyboard but on the field things will not be that easy. We will live and die with Ben like it or not. jmo

13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I'm talking about replacing Ben after this season..get a free agent who is NFL ready.. .Steelers suck when it comes to drafting qb's

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You guys are the one keeping it going by asking for details

15. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    After watching the debacle Sunday I've got to say I now agree with those who say Ben has some serious problems going on.

Everybody that watched the game had to see it. Poor passes, missing seeing open receivers and poor decisions. He's obviously not going through his reads and we're just luck he hit an open guy in the end zone...after it took him waaaay too long to even notice hm.

We have incredible talent on offense? How incredible can it be to barely eek out a win against one of, if not the worst defense in the NFL?

I'm not putting it all on Ben. People have to get open. The O-line has to protect on every play and they have to open holes for Bell.Tomlin has to get a handle on things and get these guys disciplined and prepared. In fact he has to unleash unholy hell upon his own locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not gonna disagree with you about Ben however I will say for what it is worth Ben played better this past week then he has the other 8 games........I know that isn't saying much.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's really inconsistent. Played poorly first half and then good second half. Whole season has been that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

The defense only allowed 16 points against Jacksonville. Ben gave them 14.

19. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This doesn't change the fact that Ben's accuracy is off.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And his mobility.And his ability to shed tackles. And his Football Awareness. And hid Leadership ability. And his Team building skills , And his play recognition.

I have some more ,but not wanting to just beat Ben down like that .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh don't worry, you're not. His mobility and ability to shed tackles is not what it once was but the huge play to AB he did both. The rest of those things you listed are completely inaccurate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Whoops my bad..and another bad for Ben

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I need details

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How you figure ? You agree he is not as mobile.you agree he can't shed tackles like he used to.

It took him 2 hours to watch 60 minutes on the pass to the TE wide open.

He made a deep throw against Cover 2 and he made that throw land 10 yards from the sideline.

He is a true Team leader.Let me tell the Team I play in 4 days I am hurting and I need more time to rest .

Build unity by saying. Nothing new my OC is always cussing me out I have to ignore it and just focus at the time.

I think that will cover the rest of what I said. If not good enough,I have more and might just feel like spilling a few more beans on our fearless leader.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What is really troubling is that the poor play is so basic that it's unreal. He says he saw single safety high aND knew they'd shade AB side so they were going deep, he was going deep no matter what they showed him. Same with the OPI play on Brown. He sees the CB ready to jam Brown with a safety over the top and completely ignores the otherside of the field. I don't want to sound like PWP but a college QB could read that D and go to the guy who has a 10 yard cushion. I don't care if Todd gets butt hurt or not it is a high percentage low risk play that moves the chains and puts your play makers in position to make plays. It is just so I don't know if fustrating is the word.