1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN NEWS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelMojo, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben Roethlisberger - BigBen7.com

From ESPN's Trey Wingo via Twitter a few minutes ago:

Mike Tomlin says he's "optimistic" Ben Roethlisberger will be able to play on MNF vs Niners

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Tomlin is always optimistic Ben will be able to play. I just hope they use the pistol/shotgun, keep a blocker in the backfield and use quick passes. They have 2 gameplans to use - the one against the Pats and the one against the Titans.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Of course Ben will play. If he can walk, he'll play.

4. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Me too, I believe it worked when they used it last year. Tho I'm certain I read an article by Bouchette earlier that said Tomlin hated the formation. I think
    Tomlin is definitely a "go with what works" type coach, but found it interesting Bouchette would use the word HATED.

5. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    PPG is reporting he will play

6. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yay, too bad I won't be able to watch, maybe I can find a radio stream ... :praying:

7. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Tomlin had 10 days knowing he may have a QB playing with a bad wheel. The question will be what has Tomlin done to provide Roethlisberger with adequate protection? Will we see nything diffrent or will it be the same old run for your life playground offense that may risk a more serious injury or loss of playing time?

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    According to PG, expected to start tonight?

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Of course he will play because the ravens lost.This has become a huge game.The 1st seed is at hand.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I have a feeling the O-line is going to come up big in the game tonight. There is something inspirational about a teammate, especially a leader, who plays wounded. Maybe it's a territorial thing, but my feeling is that Ben stays on his feet all day for this one. No predictions on how the game will go, but I don't think they will lose because of O-line failures.

11. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    ESPN radio announced Ben will play tonight...that was as of 7:30am

12. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No surprise. The Steelers reported Ben was a full-go at Saturday's practice and Sunday's walk-through. The PPG reports that he convinced the coaches that he has the mobility to play. That is the key. If he is mobile enough and doesn't stumble out of the snap and struggle to make hand-offs, he should be ready to go. Rest him on Saturday.

13. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He's playing, once the Chargers were up 31-7 on the ravens last night, i think everyone in the country knew #7 would be taking the snaps tonight

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe he can borrow charlie's walker. :scratch: :cool: