1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Leaning Towards Coming Back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't think I can roll my eyes any harder

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Exactly. Drama queen

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably wishes he had never made the comment in the first place and is now trying to save face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he's having fun with the drama queen crowd but the fact that he hasn't informed the organization yet, makes me think he was really considering it. if he's fully committed, it's pretty irresponsible not to inform Colbert and Tomlin and the last I heard them speak about this, he hadn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thank goodness! Now I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that Ben is leaning toward coming back. I thought he was as good as gone! :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I think he is seriously debating retiring, but he would have to pay something like $10 million to the Steelers. I don't see him doing that and walking away from another $40 million. I think mentally he's ok, but I think his body's definitely feeling the 13 years of hits. He is definitely a drama queen, but I say if he wants the attention let him have it if it means he'll comeback.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Irresponsible is right.....passive aggressive Ben rearing its ugly head...please....he needs to stop squawking to the media just like the rest of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree.The beating he has taken during his career has been brutal. I think his after season declaration was a little bit of that, a little bit frustration and a little bit of a message. If you listened to Ben during the season, there was obviously some behind the scenes issues bothering him.

As for the drama queen stuff, I think Bens willingness to talk about his injuries are a little drama queenish but the label gets over played IMO. When I see Ben get his knee buckled on the field and helped into the locker room and returns to finish the game, that's not being a drama queen, that's just Ben being a tough sob. Yet fans throw the dram queen label at him when he does.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is tired of Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin. The end is near.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe it's just not as fun as it used to be. it happens. :cool:

12. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'd be done playing for Tomlin, too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think we are in the last 2 years of Bens career and wouldn't shock me if he retires after this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    IDK maybe 12 season in the league and being 35 tells me the end is near. Also under the BA years he was hit like a pinata(sp) and I think all them hits are taking it's toll on him. There is not doubt Ben and Haley have issues but honesty Haley and Tomlin are not the reason the end is here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree....on the field he is one of the toughest I've ever seen.....at the same time I can question the way he goes about things off the field media related. His own leadership takes a hit from a lot of the things he says...As a whole though I wish every body would just stfu and play....but maybe that's just me I'm old school that way. Let your actions on the field be your voice...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Will Ben fully committed to playing football anymore if he truly considered retirement?

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm taking bets....

Ben plays 2017 and 2018 and retires with one year left on his contract....

He and Deebo leave together !!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yet when Russel Wilson or even Aaron Rodgers gets hit and is possibly injured to finish the game, it is not being a drama queen, it is being a "ironman". :lolol:

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If not for the money he would be gone ..I worry if after he cashes the check he might suddenly need knee or shoulder surgery ? He may just check out mentally ?Either way this is his last season at best...

We should have been getting better QB'S a few drafts back as I suggested ..We have no future QB at the moment ...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    What is it they say, once you start talking about retirement, you already are in your mind? We are in a heap of trouble once Ben is done. I think spending time with his wife and kids is weighing on him. Kids are only little once and that is hard to miss. Ben doesn't strike me as one who is concerned about money. He's got enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel the overuse of Bell might have something to do with it. This lies directly on Tomlin. And I feel his relationship with Haley has ever been solid. And although he loved Ariens he was beaten down. The retirement talk is a sign and the Steelers don't seem to be listening. Although we enjoyed another winning season to me Ben's body language and seemed at time ho hum attitude is a telling sign. Not the same fire. Not the same Ben. Saying he just does what he is told to do.

His wife is a physical therapist. I'm sure she is looking at the ramifications of all the punishment and how it will effect him after he hangs up the cleats.

I hope he plays this season. After that we might be seeing the end...

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Steeldeal, I agree with you I am old school as well. However times change, we use to be a pound the rock and let our defense win the game kinda team. **** now look at us we throw the rock all over....and we do it good, times change. In todays world it is build on social media so there is way more info out there than back in the day. The days of shutting up and playing are way gone, there is gonna be a tweet or something from people about anything......just the world we are living in now.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The one thing we know as a Steelers fan is Ben is a gamer, He will not give half of an effort.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    And let's not forget Pouncey, he said when Ben leaves he is gone too. I think your right however if we win the SB this year I think he will hang it up then.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    If you really think this then you haven't watched Ben the last 12 years. He is the toughest SOB in the league and he will play when most people can't even walk. To say he will get a "sudden" injury after cashing the check is nuts, the guy is a gamer. I am pretty sure he will try to do anything in his power to win a game no matter what. Guys like that are few and far between anymore, and don't cash it in......

• Agree Agree x 6