1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben just said...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BlueSteel, Jan 14, 2018.

1. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    he didn't mind doing QB sneaks and that he didn't understand why they didn't call the play more in short yardage situations..If Haley is that stupid then dude has got to go. I think the reporter said we were 18/19 successful in prior attempts but haven't tried another in 3 years?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    He also said he will be back nxt year

• Like Like x 1
  3. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Haley needs to go period. He is a horrible offensive coordinator.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. BlueSteel

Jan 15, 2016
    yep..that's good news

5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Then Ben should run a sneak. Why are the simplest things problems on this team?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure Ben could change the play if he wanted to, he probably just wants to blame Haley as usual.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Glad to hear about Ben coming back but if I was him it would be under certain conditions. I'll let you all fill in what those are:

1. Fire Haley
    2. Demote Butler

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It starts with Tomlin not overriding these calls. Both 4th downs that failed were completely open with a bootleg to the left. Tomlin has too much confidence in a very week Offensive Coordinator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Haley needs to go. He needs to be run wayyyyy out of town.

Tomlin is next. There will be no more excuses. 3-5 in the playoffs since 2010. Losses to joke QB’s Tebow and Bortles. 2 of the 3 playoff wins were against back up QB’s (McCarron and Moore).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I know everyone is pissed off, but Haley is not a horrible OC. Were the short yardage calls bad? Yes, they were. Was his insistence to run outside tosses a bad idea? Absolutely. But the offence put up well over 500 yards and 42 points against a top flight defence, so the blame should not all be focused on Haley; not by a long shot.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So So stupid.

Should have QB sneaked at LEAST once in that game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BlueSteel

Jan 15, 2016
    I've always wondered about that, I know one thing, if I'm Ben and give 14 points to the other team I damn sure wouldn't be to selfish to not run a sneak!!

13. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The writing was on the wall, BB will be back, Haley will be gone, hopefully in the next hour.

14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Look at this:

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't understand the lack of quarterback sneaks, either. It has never made sense to me and it is clearly what they should have done on the first fourth-and-short. The second one was longer, closer to a full yard. Also, it's kind of hard to rip Haley when the play call worked. Smith-Schuster beat his man, who got away with a blatant hold. The officials screwed the Steelers on that one, not Haley.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    The defense just let Jax score 38 points. Blake Bortles. Yes Haley’s calls on 4th were idiotic but far from the reason we lost.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He could've... It don't work, Haleys jumping all over that with his broke hip. Fact of the matter if Tomlin wouldve settled for 3 well things might've changed. We're gonna do this all day long for a while I get it, but enough was done on one side to win. Ha,ey and Butler can both go. I'm sick of knowing the same old D philosophy will continue due to in house promos. Haley can go for a myriad of reasons too. Hopefully fichtners promo won't carry on the same should it come to that.

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How, exactly, did Ben give 14 points to JAX?

19. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I remember the colts playoff game when Peyton told dungy “ we’re going for it “ when tony wanted to punt , Ben is at that level ,he needs to do that!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Haley didn't lose the game himself but he brings nothing to the table. We do not have a QB sneak in the playbook? This offense had so much talent you could probably coach them to 30 points a game. He is to rigid and predictable. Most of the Punta and production were just the raw talent of the players. The Bryant and Brown TDs were low percentage plays on 4th down that could have easily failed.

21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, probably should have lead with that..lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah, that is why it is hard for me to believe it is just Haley. I feel he does have the power to do that. Ben might be shifting blame?

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This is deja-vu all over again. AFCCG last season vs. NE. Coming back from a deficit, 4 and goal inside of 1 yard line. No QB sneak, some wild screen that never even got set up correctly, let alone completed.
    Repeating their mistakes. It's a pattern with this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, that's on Ben. When it was that close you wave off the personnel change and get lined up under center before the defense gets prepared for it and snap it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I think Haley's offense is a powerful offense... it clearly works and with our talent we can put up a ton of points. The problem is the playcalling on game day. In key situations he ****s the bed. Tomlin's problem is he does not know how to prepare our team for big games or vs bad teams. No attention to detail and mental gaffes are common place on this team. Problem on defense is personel up the middle ... NT is garbage, LB's weak against the run, and the worst safeties in the league.

• Agree Agree x 2