1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben being treated unfairly by media

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, May 7, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And here :facepalm:

3 threads, 2 of which have 6 pages.

It's almost like Ben has never said something controversial!

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think Ben gives two shakes about the planet.:rolleyes::cool:

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I hope Rudolph turns out to be a drama queen as well. Bradshaw - drama queen - 4 Super Bowl titles. Roethlisberger - drama queen - 2 Super Bowl titles.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    The classic "boo hoo" response is so simple and does nothing to refute the main assertions.

6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    He said nothing bad at all.

7. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Are you his agent?

8. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Apparently I'm in the minority in this but I had no problem with what Ben said.
    Him wanting the organization to draft someone that can help now is not something out of left field that nobody contemplated. He also said it's not his job to do the drafting because he knows that Colbert/Tomlin are going to do what's best for the franchise.
    The fact that Ben has been a good teammate through his career leads me to believe he will continue doing so. That anyone is thinking that has changed because of one comment is insane.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    The best thing to come of this is that Ben may play another 5 years. Great for us bad for the opposition.
    As long as we have Roethlisberger we've a shot. That's it(.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    As long as Roethlisberger is playing at a high level, then it's good for the Steelers. I'm afraid he's gonna hit "father time" a lot quicker than Brady, Rivers, Brees, etc. Hope I'm wrong. We'll see. Looks like Eli Manning has already hit that wall... but then again, Giants could have a great year with their new RB taking some pressure off.

11. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    We will be lucky to get three years out of him. His lack of mobility is glaring already, it isn't going to get better unless he starts doing something different.

12. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Like the treadmill

13. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    No, I'm just a fan who can think objectively. The crap the media keeps repeating, ad nauseum, is not logical or true. They bringing up his mention of retiring back when Ben was trying to force Haley out. Now since he is gone, he never said a word about retiring. I would have done the same thing. Ever notice Ben's body language when forced to throw all those bubble screens and trick plays? He knew they weren't going to work and hated being handcuffed by them.

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't know what games you are watching; he still can move around enough to buy time. Like Brady and Manning, you only need to move a few steps either way - you don't need to be Russell Wilson to buy a few seconds and Ben was still doing it last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I am in the Ben can say whatever he wants club, he has earned it. Obvious Haley was the issue for all the retirement talk.

Would have been nice to see Steelers make a splash move up in the first round to show they really mean business.

Only way Rudolph sees the field is if BB goes down for the year. I'm sure this talk is all blown out of proportion anyways.

469, 5 TD, 1 Int vs. Jags in playoffs, he still has it. Hope he can play for another 3 years at least. Some of those plays were magic.

Go Steelers!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There is nothing else to talk about this time of year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Could be a million things to talk about and the discussion would have been the same.

Anyway, people can talk about it as much as they like and I can feel its overblown.

By the way, rookies report this weekend :yeehaw:

18. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I watch every game, he is a statue. His lack of mobility is the reason he hangs onto the ball so long and either (1) takes an ill-timed sack or (2) forces a throw that should instead be launched into the stands. He is moving around the pocket far less than he ever has and rarely scrambles.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Part of that is better blocking. He had seasons where he had to scramble or get killed.