1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben being blamed for Steelers Draft Strategy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DukeDukeDaDaDa, May 4, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you don't take all your coaching resources and work on the 3rd string qb in camp in 2018. In 2019 he was still in competition with dobbs. He beat our incumbent backup for the job, so they must not see that much of a problem as you do. That competition went right up until the season started, so he still wasn't getting all the backup snaps.

he steps but it's not a big pitcher type step into throws it you really watch him, which transfers his weight just fine and helps with a quicker release.

you have pretty lofty goals for him if you expect him to be the Steelers all-time anything. We have two ball of famers that led the show for many years. I expect you are going to be disappointed with any qb that takes over eventually. Expecting this kid to play at a HOF level right out of the gate is crazy with how his development has been brought along so far. With no fault of his I might add. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It cracks me up that people even remotely think Ben, or any player, has any input on who we draft. Mason is proof.

• Agree Agree x 2