1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben and Haley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelerdon, Feb 13, 2012.

1. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Anyone find it strange that Ben and C Haley havent spoke yet,I heard that they where both at Steeler headquarters all last week and didnt say a word to each other.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Where'd you hear that? I hadn't heard that, but if it's true it's terrible news. I find it very, very hard to believe. Not only because if either of them were professionals than they would have introduced themselves, but because they certainly would have been introduced to each other by someone else.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    And the non provable rumors continue to create drama.

It's like me saying the best buds Polamalu and Clark are not speaking right now cause I saw them on a bus together and both were wearing headphones.

I swear yall just are looking for drama. Give it a rest people. The unprofessional media will be creating enough of this garbage very soon.

Maybe Ben should scribble on his shoes again but this time instead of PFJ it should have PFH.

Would that be enough to put out these fires?

4. steelerdon

Nov 22, 2011
    Heard that on KDKA Cochran Sports Showdown last night,if you go to there website you can see and hear the replay

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats not what I read. I read that they were both at the facility the day of TH press conference and didn't meet but that a sit down would happen later in the week.

The rumor wheel goes round and round round and round...Can't wait for the season to start.

6. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is what pisses me off about this site. People post stuff like its totally correct. How do you know they havent talked? Did Ben tell you?

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This is why its good to avoid just about all media crap during this time of year especially. There are some people in the media that might have a little more knowledge/etc...but this time of year they are grasping for straws to make stories.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Why does it piss you off? Even if it's wrong, it's entertaining to speculate. We have no real substance to talk about until the draft, so in the meantime, all this speculation keeps me entertained and interested in football.

9. steelerdon

Nov 22, 2011
    I am only telling you guys what I heard on the Cochran Sports Showdown.
    Dont want to piss anyone off,Iam sorry.

10. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It isn't just this site, it's almost every site. A lot of people want to be the ones to post "breaking news" but don't always consider the source or consider that it isn't necessarily true just because they read it online.

11. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It pisses people off because it isn't based on any level on fact or logic.

The fact is "according to reports" Ben and Haley didn't talk the day of the press conference. We don't know if they talked on the phone. We don't know if they talked later in the week. We don't know what it is Haley is up to at the moment.

The logic problem is on our level. Here we have a whole board of people who will take this and for the next year, say But Ben and Haley didn't talk the whole first week Haley was on the job. They will repeat it. They will use it as fact. They will use it to explain that they have a bad relationship. They will use it as justification to fire Haley after one bad game. I want us to just relax a little until we know how this is all going to go.

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Take a pill man. It's a message board - we're suppose to post stuff we hear, think, or believe.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Few reasons, one is that some aren't into the soap opera stuff and 2, because of the context of said soap opera stuff. It would be very bad if any of this is true. I know you are no fan of Bens, but if you are honest with yourself, the team is going no where without him. There is no one on the roster who can step in and lead this team to a SB and unless we get a diamond in the rough in the draft, our pick is too late to get anyone of worth. And lastly, as Steeldefense has stated, it has the potential to cause a rift when there isn't one there.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No need to be sorry...you didn't do anything wrong. You were just sharing what you heard, and that's the basis for discussion on most message boards around this time of year. It's kind of a 'don't shoot the messenger' thing. The media is definitely to blame for creating rifts where none exist.

15. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Has the media been infiltrated by a bunch of middle school girls? The only other place I see this much ridiculous drama is in my daughter's class at school.

16. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know about that. You should hear all the chatter at my wife's beauty shop :roflmao:

17. PghPolka

PghPolka New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I thought that players and coaches couldn't talk to each other during certain periods of the offseason, or am I wrong?

18. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, that was last year during the lockout. Not aware of anyone being under the "cone of silence" this year.

19. PghPolka

PghPolka New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I thought that players and coaches couldn't contact each other during certain periods of the off-season or am I making stuff up or getting it all confused by the lockout.

And yes, part of the reason I decided to join this forum was to vent about the ridiculous columns and reports coming out of the media lately.

20. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, since I did not read the new CBA cover to cover, I'll have to humbly admit that I don't know for sure. There was a bunch of silly stuff in there (the CBA) so you may be right about that. :shrug:

P.S. Welcome aboard 76!

21. PghPolka

PghPolka New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sorry, I posted twice because the first one wasn't coming up! Thanks DiehardSteel!

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, it just needed to be approved by a moderator since it was one of your first posts. You're good to go now. :thumbs_up:

23. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Maybe this is just speculation but it would not surprise me one bit. I think these two are going to but heads all year.

24. steelerdon

Nov 22, 2011
    I know Ben was not happy with the hiring,and they both have big egos,so I hope everything goes alright

25. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I heard they're at the facility, right now, engaged in a fist-fight... My brother's ex-wife's cousin's best friend's old college roommate's chemistry lab partner told me...