1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben and Haley finally meet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by victimofchanges, Feb 21, 2012.

1. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The whole "they haven't met" "they finally met" is truly some of the most pathetic media story lines I have ever seen. I suppose we can all sleep soundly now that Ben and Haley have met, woohoo, doing cartwheels :dancing:

3. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The thing that gets me is that ESPN (I know other media outlets did it as well) make it a big deal, then they ask the analysts and they all said it's not a big deal. :roll:

:swordsman: (I don't know why I put this here but I never see anyone use it so I wanted too).

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    In other big NFL news... DeSean Jackson burped after eating a pulled pork sandwich.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What a loser. To burp like that in public when you're supposed to be a professional athlete is inexcusable. The Eagles should probably part ways with him or the burping could carry over into the locker room.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Going this long before meeting... they should both take a pay cut, or else we should release them.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What would really be hilarious is if they had both met before Haley got hired and had planned this media circus from the beginning just to watch the talking heads going nuts.I can see them sitting in an office watching Sportcenter going I can't wait to see what Tim Hasselbeck has to say about this one. I bet Trent Dilfer's head explodes coach.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Right on.

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing ,, it'll be their way to bond as in having fun with the media. I guess they felt we had enough.

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Damn; we don't have anything to talk about now. I guess I'll see ya at training camp boys.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ben , meet todd. todd, meet ben. ok, boy i feel better now. :herewego: :cool:

12. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To quote Butthead:

"uh-huh-huh-huh-huh-uh-huh-huh-huh....Todd's cool"

13. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This is Valley Girl High School drama at its best.

OMG - Ben and Todd finally met. Do you think the will be BFF now? Maybe they are Facebook friends! What do you mean they aren't going on a double date? No Tee time? What gives. OMG - They hate each other! They need to trade Ben for Peyton so he can be back with his BFF Arians. Trade that commercial guy for that old grocery guy. Send Big Snack, Hines, Smith, Farrior, Foote, Starks and wee Willie Gay to Pittsburgh West or Fitz!

14. BigBen7

BigBen7 Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    http://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

Isn't that effectively what 24 hour a day NFL Network/ESPN coverage does to any sport?

16. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    decent little interview with jim fassel about this subject: http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/nfl/jim ... nes-17668/

i like jim fassel's insight into this. he took over as OC for both phil simms and john elway (among others). he said that both sought him out when he arrived, BUT . . . elway alread knew him from stanford and simms was really curious about what they were going to work on together. what i took away from this interview is that 1.) the greatest qb's in the game are 'coachable.' they seek out an experts advice on how they can improve their game (of course, it helps when you have jim fassel's pedigree instead of todd haley's -- anybody who wants to argue for haley's accomplishments, please, don't embarrass yourself. i can understand a qb not wanting to seek advice from an OC he doesn't respect.). 2.) fassel reiterated what some on here had mentioned: there is a ton of trivial stuff to do upon being hired. signing your contract, insurance paperwork, etc, etc, etc. them not getting together was NOT an issue at all, UNLESS . . . they were both posturing for the sake of gaining some sort of advantage in a weird sort of power struggle. then, we would have a problem.

at any rate, it's interesting hearing a real insider's take rather than some beat writer.

17. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    For poops and giggles.. before Haley went to Arizona their offense was ranked 10th.. when he took over they went from 5th in 07 up to 2nd best in 08...when he left they dropped down to 14th, and last season 19th..

He goes to a KC turns a 4-12 team into a 10-6 playoff team ( yes in a weak division) their 4-12 offense was ranked 25.. Their 10-6 team offense ranked 12th. #1 running team.. 2011 ..the team gets injured he gets fired ,, now he's with us.

Pitts O ranked 25th last season? I say we jump up into the top 10 in 2012

19. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Look how many threads there are about Wallace and you'll see we will never run out of things to talk about.