1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben and AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Jan 4, 2022.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    When AB left he threw Ben under the bus

the lines were drawn, the fans half on Bens side half saying AB was right

Flash forward to today
    Look at their final games

Ben was cheered and thanked by a city on his way to the football hall of fame and a Yellow Jacket.

AB left the game being cut in the 3rd quartet... leaving the field in shame with his own arrogance showing throug to the world... throwing away his Yellow Jacket and the rest of his career

Had AB not bought into his own hype, he would have had the same send off here. A city who loves him. #84 being put away and a yellow jacket waiting for him

HACK

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I know the stories keep going on about AB early on, but that hit from the head by Burflict seemed to knock something loose. I know you cant scan for CTE on a living person, but damned, this is Mike Webster territory (and I say that because Webster's son tweeted it at AB after the game).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    agreed

burfict set in place CTE in my opinion....

AB's life will end badly, I sadly say...

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    AB was an ass before the hit.... maybe some day we will hear differently... but I think he wanted to be the best .. but he really wanted to be treated like the best.. and when his ass was not kissed he melted down everytime.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t remember half of the fans saying AB was right. I remember one guy saying that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Was watching some Ben career highlight videos..... the plays that Ben and AB made together were unbelievable then and they're even more unbelievable now. If you are wondering if the quality of the NFL really has declined in recent years just watch those highlights. No one is playing that caliber of ball in the NFL right now. Not even close.

wow so sad to see him just go bonkers like that. If it's not head trauma related I'd be shocked. I think he always had issues and was always an A-hole but his issues just became unmanageable. At one time he was lucid enough to focus on his craft so much that he arguably became one of the best WR's ever. All he needed was 3-4 good years after he left Pittsburgh and he would have easily been among the top 3-5 best WR's to ever play the game. Maybe even the best ever. Instead he's a punch line. Its no longer funny, it's just sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I know this is an unpopular opinion and I will get roasted for it. If we make it into the playoffs and AB goes unclaimed after being waived, sign him. What do we have to lose? If he contributes 2-3 plays per game, that’s 2-3 plays more than what we are getting from Ray-Ray McCloud

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not saying any names but it was @FootballAnalyst98

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

A cold calculated business decision. Not without merit, but one that is impossible. That bridge was burned and the ground it stood on nuked. Art II, Colbert and Tomlin would rather have their teeth pulled. Ben, too.

Two long long shots: Jax beat Indy and AB returns. You might as well plan on winning the Powerball.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I know AB is an idiot, and may actually need to be institutionalized but, he will always be one of my favorite players to watch play football.

During his reign at the top, it seemed like not a week would go by that he wouldn't make a play that would literally make me say "whoa!".

I marveled at his athletic ability. And let's not pretend that the guy didn't work super hard to make himself the best.

Just after he was drafted, Stan asked him on the radio,"So what did the Steelers get when they drafted you in the 6th round?" AB answered "The bargain of a lifetime".

He was always cocky but he actually backed it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell applauded Ben. JuJu is doing the same.

It is quite clear that Ben (and Tomlin) did an excellent job of getting what they could out of AB before the marbles started falling out. Well, quite clear to all but one or two.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Brady & AB reuniting next year in pittsburgh?

:lolol:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah. AB's step-dad IIRC said he wasn't surprised at rape allegations. That's a damning indicator of the character he showed in his early life.

In a way they trended in opposite directions: Ben dealt with controversy in the first half of his career and repaired his image; AB was beloved in the first half of his career but destroyed his image.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Now that’s a Powerball move!

15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Never cared for AB's antics, but watching him and Ben was impressive. One game I was in the stands in Jacksonville against the Steelers, in a close game the whole game AB and Ramsey were battling hard with Ramsey keeping AB in check most of the game. Towards the end, Ben hit AB for like a 70 yard touchdown bomb over Ramsey for the win score.

All the Jax fans in front of me turned to me and said holy sh_t what just happen, they never seen that before from their team.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody is close? Watch Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Seriously? Adams? lol I live in Wisconsin. I've seen plenty of Adams. He's good. He's not HOF good...at least yet. Adams does not make the catches and plays that Brown made w/ Ben. Watch some of Browns highlights while in Pittsburgh it's not even close.

Also compare the stats. Also not even close. Brown was significantly better in every category but TD's. (they were about the same). Most of Brown's career was in a balanced offense w/ Bell taking much of the load. Adams has had his entire career in a pass first offense and him being the primary target. Brown had 9 years in Pitt. Adams has had 8 years. Imagine what Brown's stats were if Ben stayed healthy the entire time.

18. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    AB was the best receiver the Steelers have ever had.. Probably the best receiver of the entire 2010s. it's a damn shame what happened. i don't blame the burfict hit either, i remember hearing rumblings that his fun loving public persona was a fraud before that hit ever happened. i think his ego just continuously grew with every passing season as his fame grew, until his ego completely blew up. the steelers did a good job managing it while they could, but his ego eventually became too much to handle. and no team has been able to contain it since.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Adams isn't quite at the level of peak Brown, but he is at times impossible to cover like Brown. Rodgers is better than peak Roethlisberger. There are two parts of that combination. You are too focused on one to see the other.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Rodgers and Ben are two very different kinds of passers. As a pure passer sure, rodgers is better. Yes another reason why Brown is in another league vs Adams. Not sure what your point is.

Put pressure on Rodgers and he's half the QB Ben was in his prime. Different style of play. Ben was better at some things , Rodgers is better at some things. That's not the case comparing Adams and AB. AB was better at all things receiver related... and rushing related and special teams related.

Personality.... Adams has him beat by a mile.

All of the advantages lean towards Adams producing more yards. (offense, QB style, other players, etc) Yet Brown has him beat in every aspect. Frankly I can't even believe anyone (let alone a steeler fan) that has seen AB's career would even attempt to argue this.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I bought Browns jersey not Adams for various reasons. That alone should end this debate, lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't buy that at all! He Facebook Lives, Tic Toks,Twitters, Instagrams, always traveling around, posting, hanging out ..

AB is a selfish, Lil spoiled, never been told no A**hole! If he doesn't get his way,he stomps his feet like a child and does whatever TF he wants!

Been stated many times that he was fine UNTIL...He got paid.. THAT'S WHEN he started becoming a Diva! ( Pre Burfict ) Snapping at Coaches, teammates, doing whatever TF he felt like doing...

CTE is the ole " let's throw this narrative out there when A**holes like him act up! He's just an immature Lil Brat...not a CTE victim imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wasn't arguing Adams vs. Brown. I was arguing the combination, because Roethlisberger never threw the ball as well and as consistently as Rodgers is in recent seasons.

24. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard that as well. I think we all saw the story where AB charged at LeBeau and the defensive players went after AB. That was a big mistake on AB's part let alone well before the hit. I think the Burfict hit only amplified is stupid behavior.

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben kept feeding AB, he was happy. Juju came and won MVP, and brown stopped doing the salsa

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1