1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben admits elbow has been bothering him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree with this. I do think he’s more streaky than other top QBs. Higher highs, lower lows. That can feed into someone’s overall perception if they’re biased to the negative view. Some folks forget the highs and focus on the lows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Like blast said... If they didn't sit him against the 9ers a few years back he ain't getting sat now. One thing this team won't do is sit Ben unless he just physically can't go and my guess is as good as anybody's as to when that is much less when he's off. They ride and die on broken arms and legs at times and Ben is no exception. That said, he's been shifty but he's still their best option and after last week, I don't know why you would even entertain sitting him. Hopefully he handles biz this week and the bye will help him heal up... Though he's hit and miss coming out of the bye as well. Oh well, you don't sit him right now in my opinion.

3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm okay with the above statement, however that's a far cry from saying that Dobb's would produce better results then Ben, even with a sore elbow.

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Rivers is still very good imo

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I think it's more about Ben being Ben...If he plays great " Man, what a Warrior...Sore arm and all "

If he sucks " Well, You know he gutted it out, did the best he could with a bad elbow "

Typical Ben...He has an out, just in case

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Funny how the elbow didn't seem to bother him the 2nd half of the Atlanta game.

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I've never considered Ben to be in the same class as Brady or Brees,

He is more like a Favre or Elway that enjoy pushing the ball deep down the field for that knockout punch.

Brady and Brees are Boxers; Ben and Favre are sluggers. Different styles to be sure; but they can both bring home the title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Ben will be perfect today.. Looking forward to a burfict day.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

It's almost as if he brings this stuff out as a scapegoat if his performance sucks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’d read that he went back to his natural mechanics for the second half and just dealt with the pain.

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben's ball placement issue is frustrating to watch.