1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The Steelers were setting him up for one of the nicest mansions in Pittsburgh and a bread and butter walk to the Hall of Fame with a legacy in the city on par with Jerome Bettis. Not to mention the endorsement money he could have made with the 3 Bs concept.

He's really walked himself out of a tremendous situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What stinks is somebody will pay him even though he doesn't deserve to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Who knows with Bell?According to an article in the Washington Post he said”I know that ‘s the way the Steelers do business,as last year I was pounding the table for guaranteed money!That’s not the way the Steelers work so I want a lot more money upfront.”I don’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth anyway!

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It would be hilarious if he ended up in San Francisco, LA or Seattle where the cost of living is completely out of control and 2 million dollars only buys you a modest middle class home and going out for a cheeseburger , fries and a beer costs $45.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think he already tainted that notion (with the fans) after missing camp and preseason last year, plus his anti-Steelers 'rap' thing. I know it tainted me a year ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You cant on one hand use last yr to judge one team in future projections but not use it for another team for future projections.

7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    The best RB in the NFL doesn't "deserve to be paid?" Maybe he doesn't deserve to be paid $18 mill a year, but you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you, end of story.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nope he doesn't deserve that type of money. He doesn't even deserve the 14.5 he's getting from the tag.
    Not end of story.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    For once, I agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think he's trying to bet on himself and double his money. Franchise tag is guaranteed and he's made close to 30 mill off it the last two years. If he signed with the Steelers last year he would have probably got 30 mill gtd. It's all about the guaranteed money. So after this season he signs a deal with probably 30-40 mil gtd. It's actually kind of smart. He's in his prime now and stretched his career 2 years. Take the guaranteed then sign a deal. Which means this whole time he had no intentions of signing and it was all for show. Also means there's probably a good chance he could resign here. The only question is do the Steelers give him the same deal next year? I doubt it but somebody will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Sign Tevin Coleman for a modest 6 mill next year and look to add def help via draft and fa.

Coleman has played the third down role, has starting rb potential, can catch, is faster, younger, with Much less miles, and is a third of the cost.

We could always draft one next year, it looks to be a deep rb class again.

I’m actually relieved it’s all over now. It is what it is and we can finally move on and start planning on improving our team next year with all this cap money. That’s kind of exciting.

Sign Fowler next year, put him in Dupree’s place or at least in rotation; he played in a 3-4 in college and will also be much better than Dupree at rushing the QB when he lines up on the line in 4-3 subpackages.

Hope the best for Le’Veon, but perhaps having more cap money next year will prove to be more advantageous in the long run.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great theory and I was about to say the same thing....glad you saved me the typing. It actually makes a lot of sense like I mentioned in another post about Freeman signing the big deal but actually less than what Bell is making on the tag. The only risk is injury and it's a big risk....

13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's not even that big of a risk because if he gets injured. He's still got the guaranteed money he would have got two years ago. Then another contract, he makes more this way either way. Obviously it will be a lot less money on his next contract if he gets injured but it's still more than what he would have got.

That's why I think he will be less of an annoyance during the season over his contract but who knows.

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I heard that he isn't going to start training "hard" until late Summer so there less wear and tear on his body.

Translation: he is going to come in week 1 10lb.'s over weight.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Coming off a ACL or something he will most likely only get a prove it deal and nothing close to a 4-5 year deal.....I think it's a pretty big risk,IMO. Every year that goes by without a long term deal greatly decreases his chances of getting one. Life spans of RBs are very short in the league. You can go from dominant to has been real quick...

16. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018

Tweet is worded odd but I think over 3 years it was 45 Guaranteed based on this

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sounds more like the guarantees would kick in along the way, so perhaps $30 million is guaranteed at the signing, then the third year is guaranteed at $15 million after the first season.

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Worded weird but sounds like it wasn't really guaranteed if it was rolling.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell is going to find out his running style might not work with some other teams.

20. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I think last year the hesitation started to not work even with us.....

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bell was right to decline an offer with only 10 million in guaranteed money. He will probably get more than that on the market next year.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was still scheduled to get 45 million in the first 3 years.

23. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    So to Clarify, according to PFT, only 10 mil was guaranteed for the whole contract, I don't blame him at all for turning that down

24. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    He’s already earned how much? 30 plus million I mean how much money does someone need? Steelers were more than fair with him Bell is a greedy arrogant punk. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This.