1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    bells quote"

to all my steller fans, my desire always has been to retire a steeler. both sides worked extremely hard today to make that happen, but the NFL is a hard business at times... to the fans that had hope, I'm sorry we let youu down but trust me, 2018 will be my best season to date..."

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think bell is better as he is the only rb in the nfl that could literally be a good receiver as well as a dominant runner. Gurley although can do some damage catching cannot run the full route tree nor run routes with the technique and fluidity bell can. Bell as a receiver can run more routes than 3 route tree dez bryant who was considered one of the best... he is a all time transcendent talent.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think he will sit out

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SMH ... this is a shame. Ben might as well retire too, because there won't be a championship in the near future for the steelers. They saved money ...and at the same time, took themselves out of any chance to win a championship after this season. This reminds me of the rod Woodson saga. They let a HOFer walk ...smh

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So then what is your point. You mentioned that he isnt going to a different employer because the teams are under the same brand but then you ignore the fact the teams are all individually governed by their own leadership and therefore it is very plausible to assume he can go to another team and get what he feels the steelers wont give him. Their are certain teams like ne who dont believe in paying anyone top dollar where some teams have no problem backing up the dump truck. That's the discrepancies as to why these teams are different employers as they directly pay the players. Not the nfl.. they just REPRESENT the nfl.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Again with this?

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it's official....Bell will learn real quick the grass isn't greener on the other side. Wonder how successful he's gonna be not running behind a top 5 OL. I wonder how long it's gonna take his new lineman to learn how to block for his running style. So the Steelers wanted to pay the position but it seems he valued himself much higher. I just don't see any other teams breaking the bank for him next year with more mileage on his tires. Best case scenario is he helps us get a ring and we say goodbye. RB in the first or second next year...

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What team is giving top dollar to a guy who is on a tag and isn't guaranteed past this year and its obvious he will be free next offseason.. unless they do a sign and trade which I doubt because it's already obvious they can have him for free next yr

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He better stay healthy and he better be right.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm saying eventually the market got to that point. Who got a guaranteed deal before Kirk cousins? Nobody. Eventually someone will be the one to make more than anyone else and bell has a viable argument. He could literally be considered a very good receiver AND a great rb. That's why he feels his value equals 2. I've never seen a rb run routes with the technique he has at the rb position.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What if he deep down feels like he cant win in pitt?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry but Bell is a good receiver at the RB position ,it's totally different than what a true WR has to do. He doesn't have the short area quickness or speed to be even a adequate WR. He is a good receiver for the position because of the matchups,plain and simple. He wanting to be paid as both is ludicrous.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    unfortunately any team that has a realistic chance of winning a title wont pay him what he wants.

like others said, he will get less and to a worse team. shame

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I highly doubt that's on the top of his list of concerns and if he thinks that he even more delirious than I could have imagined. Considering we are perennial favorites and realistically usually a threat every year. We have a franchise QB the best WR in the game and even more formidable with him,so I highly doubt that thought even crosses his mind. IMO any team that is willing to pay what he wants probably isn't going to be a legit contender. The smarter teams figured out a while ago that you don't sink big money into the position....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Like I said in previous posts on the contract situation,we will have him as a one year rental.I really wished we could of signed him as he is the best all around back in the league no question but his asking price was too much for the Steelers and the Steelers made every effort possible for a more than fair contract!I do think by his statement a few minutes ago,”that 2018 will be my best year to date”says that he will not sit out as he knows the start he had last year was not up to standards.He has a huge chip on his shoulder and will won’t to prove the doubters wrong.Some team will overpay for him next year as some of the contracts handed out this year were ridiculous for average to good players!The Steelers did the right thing on the way they negotiate but you can bet someone like the Jets or similar will pay him that have plenty of cap space.

16. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    In related news, the happiest man in Pittsburgh right now

jamesconnerjersey.jpg jamesconnerjersey.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  17. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Whose to say he won’t want twenty next year, or want to get in a bidding war.

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wish I could believe this. Bell seems to change his tune daily. Hard to trust anything he says.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I can't wait for the Steelers to accidentally on purpose leak what their final contract offer to Bell was. I bet you it was higher than a lot of people think.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm okay with him moving on, just sucks for this year, because we are looking to make a run.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Over it, and instead of talking about him for the next 6 months I will make a real effort to not talking about him until he is gone. There are 89 other guys on the team willing to do what is asked and I'll concentrate on them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Watt I agree with you on this. But this years draft broke in a really funny way for the Steelers. When they didnt get Evans or LVE they reached for Edmunds. Then after the Martavious trade they were kind of locked into taking Washington. Then when Rudolph fell to the third they jumped on it. After that there were no RBs left. Most teams took Guice off their draft boards, so Im sure the Steelers did as well. It was kind of a snowball effect. By the time the Steelers were ready to take a LB or a RB they were gone.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Shannon Sharpe a hall of fame tight end said he believes bell has the capabilities to be a good receiver.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    My point is what if he took less to go to idk say the Pats because he feels he doesnt have a real chance to win in Pitt and his only benefit is to get paid..

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He may say yeah we had all that and put up 45 points on the best defense in the nfl and still lost..