1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Highest paid wasnt guranteed..

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not disputing what Pitt is doing. They have the right do what they feel in THEIR BEST INTEREST. my problem you all act like bell csnt in return do the same when these owners and teams are making 10x as much as the players and they will cut or get rid of a guy with the quickness but always want players to turn a blind eye. At the end of the day is a business.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    When you own and build a business you’re supposed to make 10 x more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh, it was just a random comment, not aimed at anyone at all, nope, no one. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I guarantee you that Steeler football will still be played long after Leveon Bell signs with another team. I guarantee you that every year since Bell has been in the league, a team that Leveon DOES NOT play for has won the Super Bowl. Steelers will be just fine without him. Hopefully the next starting running back will have the decency to show up for playoff game walkthroughs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah well most in life isn't guaranteed other than if you're alive, you're gonna die... Is this one of those unfair things again? I really cannot comprehend that type of mentality. It's on par with athletes saying they go to war and put their bodies on the line and that they're soldiers and such... Then I look at actual soldiers and what they actually do vs what they make and I really come full circle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yall hahahahaha nothing like being lumped in ey?

Yes they have the right to do what is in THEIR BEST INTEREST which includes taking into account the rest of the flipping roster today tomorrow a few years from now etc... That's how you run a business. Taking into consideration the whole picture not just the one little guy who thinks he needs his at his cubicle while the other cubicles that make up the office aren't as important for some reason not understandable Withstanding little guys mindset.

Ever notice how throughout the history of sports, or hell, the history of employed employees, that the majority understand they are employed and are there to produce for the company?

Outside of that majority, there Always got to be a couple of dummies that want to champion their individual efforts above that of the guy that signs the check that gave you everything you stand in front of.

I guess it's just not going to go away... If you work for some corporation that pays your bills you ought to be on par with that ownership. Maybe target store employees ought to hold out for more of their HONEST MANS WAGES? I mean hell they don't get **** to brag about much less a day dream to be in the tier one rung lower from their boss!

Billionaire owners... Millionaire athletes but they're getting shafted come on!

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    As it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah but bell is trying to maximize much as he can get on his end

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's the whole point. And bell is trying to make sure he is fine long after too.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So Gurley didnt get guranteed today?

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They can get anyone of the street to work at target and not skip a beat. It's not complicated. They cant get anyone of the street to perform at leveons level in the NFL.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently someone has a man crush on Bell.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I get that. There’s getting paid well for your services and there’s being a selfish entitled jack ass.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This kid is a college football player. He’s trying to validate Bell’s actions in case he’s ever in this situation. He’s just trying to help himself sleep at night.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly my point. Gurley basically just proved you all wrong. Leveon can get that money you all said NO RB will be able to get. So how the hell is he a selfish jack ass because he is wanting money he KNOWS he can get on the market which pitt hasnt allowed him to be on by continuously franchising him.. He is the worst guy in the world for that because he didn't just bow down and take one for the team like you steeler fans wanted him to do...

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not that because also I'm just the kind of guy that would never fault another guy for getting his money. Stephen a smith who is a multi millionaire and would never have to worry about situations like that nor was ever an athlete said the brother should get his money.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No. Its alot more to it that I wont get into on here.

19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell's contract was high, but there wasn't really a lot of guaranteed money. I get why he refused to accept it. There's really no such thing as being a selfish, entitled jackass when you're not under contract. It's business, nothing more. He's trying to get every penny he can and the Steelers want to get him as cheap as they possibly can. You better believe that if the Steelers could franchise him for $1 per year, they would.

I don't understand the hatred Bell is getting. He is not under contract. He simply asked for a lot of money, to which Pittsburgh said no. He'll likely move on at the end of the year to a team willing to give him what he wants. If he believes he can get that much money, he'd be stupid not to go for it. I know I would move to a new employer if I believed I could get paid more for the same work. Most people switch employers for that exact reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly what I'm saying.

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think 'we' as fans have a much more reasonable expectations for 'salary' negotiations and have little sympathy for millionaire cry-babies. The Steelers offer was closer to 'fair' than $1 and clearly NOT trying to get Bell on the CHEAP. To the best of my knowledge, football is a TEAM sport, and NO NFL team has won a super bowl while employing all of the highest paid players at their positions. NFL teams have salary caps to go by and it's impossible to make everyone on the team the highest paid at their position, regardless of worthiness, it just can't happen. Steelers appeared to make a fair offer to Bell, and he chose to reject it.

Personally, I lost respect for Bell because he wasn't man enough to sign on the dotted line. Who the heck needs guarantees if you have confidence in yourself. F-that, turning down that offer tells me that Bell doesn't even believe in himself..... but that's just my opinion. I signed up for a job that I would be underpaid, and wanted to prove my worth to the company, never expected or wanted any guaranteed money.

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Bell wanted to reset the rb market and was beaten to the punch by a gurly man

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Gurley got a 6 year contract through the 2023 season for 60M, the steelers would give bell that same contract if he wants it and untill the details come out on gurleys contract that 45M guarantee could just be for injury only so thats pretty standard they could cut him anytime during his contract and they wont owe him nothing in guarantee, so gurley hasnt proven anything to me except bell and you knows nothing about his contract...

24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Bell is no Gurley...

Gurley 3 years younger
    Way better ypc
    Way better ypr
    Much much faster
    DIDN'T have surgery on BOTH knees
    Didn't have groin surgery
    Hasn't been run into the ground in pros
    Wasn't run into the ground in college
    Comes to walkthroughs
    Doesn't smoke the weed ( or hasn't been caught )

Bell deserves more how...

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody is saying he deserves it, simply that he has the right to ask for it and has the right to refuse to take less. He is not under contract. I have no time for guys that hold out, but he isn't doing any such thing. Teams regularly cut guys to avoid paying them and players regularly ask for more than a team is willing to give them. That's just part of the business side of sports. I have no ill will towards either side.