1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell WTF?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Mike Greenberg just reported Bell 4 game suspension for missing a drug test?
    guess azzbag madden was right but I hope it is just BS

2. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    15 million reasons to give up the weed... What an idiot. Between Bell and Bryant I am not sure which is worse. Waiting for all the details and hopefully it is just a mix up in dates.

3. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I stayed away from creating a new thread on this because I felt the previous thread makes for an interesting read leading up to this (Madden's tweets).

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF go ahead and delete this one. Think Eddi and I were typing at the same time

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    wow... cant stay away from weed. SMH this looks like it's true.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am so done with these stupid idiots. There is just no redeeming them. They are morons and I don't give a crap if we never see this dude in Black and Gold again. If you believe the rules don't apply to you then I have no sympathy for you. I guess this is Lagarrette Blount's fault too huh??? You can not fix stupid. You just can't. If this is actually true I don't care if they send this dude packing. Arrogance in the extreme. If I were the Rooney's I would call his agent and tell him if he wants to play for the Steelers he will be doing it for minimum wage at best. There is no way this guy is worth their money if he's not going to follow the rules. So long idiot. If the league tells you that you have to take a drug test and you don't do it then you are going to get suspended. No one cares how you "feel" about drug use. Why don't you also get in your car and drive 200mph since you feel like it's ok to go fast and use that as an excuse in court and see how far you get? Good grief what a stupid moron.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am going to withhold my opinion until we know this for sure to be true. If it is, then I'm DONE with him!

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  9. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Smh...I totally agree with you. Man, they're gonna cause us to miss our window

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    HOLY FACK. Really? Missed a drug test.

12. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    i would have a nice long backs on backers drill and instruct all on offense to let bell know what it feels like when your teammates don't have your back.
    He'd miss the first four games just not because of the suspension

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    So is he worth 15 mil still or..?

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    At this point he's not worth 15 bucks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Beginning to sound like this one random test that was rescheduled several times before they labeled it missed and are taking action according to the protocol.

16. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let me be clear...Bell is an idiot if in fact this is true and it certainly appears that it is! However, IF Bell missed the drug test it might end up being somewhat of a "positive"! Here me out...IF Bell knew he was going to test positive then he PROBABLY missed the test on purpose because a missed test is lesser games than a failed test! The rules for this is clear. Even though he got suspended last year for a DUI and possession, he never tested positive and was originally suspended for three games and then reduced down to two games. If he had actually failed a drug test this summer, I don't see how he could appeal and get the suspension reduced. I think or hope that this report is either false or he gets his games reduced from four down to three and two would probably be a stretch. Also, the Steelers were probably going to be very careful with him in the early part of the season anyway because I've read that Bell isn't a 100% healthy anyway. So this would allow him more time to get healthy and perhaps be fresher later in the season! DeAngelo proved last year he can more than carry the load. Don't get me wrong, I wish Bell was starting in game one and especially if he is healthy, but I would argue with anyone that the Patriots losing Brady for the first four games is "potentially" more cause for concern to them than us losing Bell for the first games especially considering the opponents of each team for the first four games.

17. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    The positives are they he won't get hurt in the first 4 games, likely, and Williams was pretty awesome last year anyways. In fact, I like seeing the good guys (Williams) get the opportunity.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Imagine the WTF that is going through the players minds!

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am thinking as well that Williams almost knows in his heart that Bell is going to mess up. He will be ready !!!

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There is no guarantee that Williams is as amazing as he was last year... he is ancient in RB years.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    At least it is the first 4 games. He won't be beat up.

22. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Well...at least the Bengals can't target him the first game against them this year.

23. DonKnock

DonKnock Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Wow, second season in a row starting without him in the lineup...

24. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Where there is smoke, there is fire. He will be suspended. Appeals never work unless you are Tom Brady.

And this fool rapping about getting 15 million. What a joke.

I feel marijuana should not be a banned substance. I don't smoke it, and it's not like a PED anyway. BUT rules are rules and this idiot is just too immature to understand.

What a let down to his teammates, fans and Steeler organization in general.

• Like Like x 2
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm not surprised by this. I don't know who I'm more pissed at... Bell or the NFL for suspending players for using a harmless drug.

• Agree Agree x 2