1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell will report week 7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Oct 1, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Than he can simply wait to week 10 and not get traded.

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    As I stated...Not end well

3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He is definitely trying to maximize his money with out taxing his body. And as stated above it will bring more value to him getting traded.

4. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Id rather go 1-14-1 than have that distraction back in a Steelers uniform.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That's because you haven't been paying attention. Bell cares about getting paid, first and foremost. Nothing else matters. Getting a paycheck without having to touch the ball in a game is a dream scenario for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What difference does that make? The Rooneys don't pay it, dumbass Joe taxpayer does.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Break a leg Bell!

That means good luck right?:hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the ravens were the #1 defense coming into the game.

as far as better with bell, i guess that depends what bell we get. the one trying not to get hurt so he can get paid or the one that is going to show he deserves to get paid. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i just showed you comparison numbers. the rest you made up. just like this statement. again i stand by my summery of you. :cool:

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He won't be football ready for about 4 weeks, Please Steelers trade him before he gets here.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens had played three games. One was against the Bills with Peterman at quarterback. There's your skewed early ranking. Sorry, but no.

They are missing what they had in Bell last season, which was a guy in the discussion for best running back in the NFL.

12. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Yall are some crazy SOBs. If Bell means winning, then bring him on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The problem is, by the time Bell gets here, it may be too late. He's not going to hit the ground running, you know he's going to take several games to get up to speed and he's missed even more time than he did last season.

I think people are expecting too much of Bell to come in and save the day. If he shows up during the bye week, his first game will be week 8. Look for him to make an impact no early than week 12.

They need to get Conner going, 9 carries isn't going to cut it. The line is going to have to start blocking a lot better, too. .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I gave this story time and time for LeVeon Bell to be a an honorable man. It hasn’t happened. Again. Either the story of him coming back week 7 is true and Bell has done nothing to confirm it to the team. This would be an honest and upright thing that most intelligent people would do. This would allow the team to properly plan. He hasn’t done this. Or, it’s just a rumor by a pundit. In that case all Bell has to do is dispel it and set the record straight with the truth. He hasn’t done this either.

What he is doing has nothing to do with business, leverage, staying healthy or any of the other BS that people toss out in his defense.

Bell is just being a low class ass. This is why people dislike Bell. He has earned the dislike.

In my highly biased opinion ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not saying what he did in the past didn't make a difference, where his head is now is the question. which bell will we be getting back? there is no guarantee he will be the one to make us better. :cool:

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Anyone see this?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't see Bell ever playing for the Steelers again. If he does, it will really make me wonder what the front office is thinking these days. I hope they can somehow trade him before week 7 gets here.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s hilarious

19. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Brilliant

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If the report is true, the only possible reasons for waiting until Week 7 are selfish ones. He knows he's not getting more money out of the Steelers. Waiting two weeks isn't going to make it easier for him to be traded. He's avoiding playing for two weeks because his future after the season is all that matters. This really should be the end of any claim that he is doing this for anybody but himself, but I'm sure some people will be foolish enough to continue to defend Bell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I was listening to the fantasy sports station in the car a couple of days ago and they said the same thing I have been trying to point out. This team is performing at basically the same pace with Conner instead of Bell. Conner's total production (rushing and passing) is only 6 yards less per game than Bell did through four games last year. If the Bell supporters think we're all of sudden going to start winning because he comes back, I think it is wishful thinking because the stats don't back it up. Poor defense and poor QB play are what has us where we are and Bell isn't going to fix that. If for some reason Bell's mere presence causes the team to have a different attitude toward the game then the fault of our losing is still on the team and not because Bell wasn't here. The team should be able to get up emotionally for the game no matter who the RB is, especially after what they saw from Conner week 1.

• Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I still want him traded ,Everyone thinks he is gona come back and save the season,, its not gona happen

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Those numbers are skewed because Conner had one big game. That is the part you and they are missing.

Also, that is a four-game sample. We have years of data on Bell, most of it proving he is a better player than he showed the first four games last season.

As I wrote earlier, Bell is not going to save the season. He can't fix the defense. If Roethlisberger really is done rather than just getting off to a slow start, Bell won't be able to make him throw more accurately.

That said, the absence of Bell is hurting the Steelers. He is better than Conner. He would certainly draw more attention from opposing defenses. If you think teams are loading up on Conner because he had one good game against the Browns, you are fooling yourself.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, thanks

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016